Sports fan? Who is your team no matter what? Show your team colors!

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
I went to grad school in Philadelphia, and had a good friend and roommate named Danny who was a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan. I didn't pay much attention to sports at the time. A couple of years after we graduated, Danny was killed by a drunk driver at age 27, with the whole world in front of him. Since then, I root for the Eagles, because Danny roots for the Eagles.
Eagles.jpg

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
I went to grad school in Philadelphia, and had a good friend and roommate named Danny who was a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan. I didn't pay much attention to sports at the time. A couple of years after we graduated, Danny was killed by a drunk driver at age 27, with the whole world in front of him. Since then, I root for the Eagles, because Danny roots for the Eagles. View attachment 944391
God bless Danny's soul. May he rest in peace. Fly Eagles Fly!🦅

Chip

Friend of Leo's
I unfortunately feel like I no longer have a team or colors.

I was born and raised a Cleveland Indians fan and from 1970 until the announcement of the name change I stuck with them through thick and thin. Even when they broke my heart and moved from the largest stadium in baseball to Jacobs Field.
When they decided to build the new ballpark I knew wouldn’t be able to get tickets for games as easily as you could at cavernous Municipal Stadium. So, I got a job ushering and never missed a game from mid 1991 through 1996. My mother also shared this passion and now resides in an urn emblazoned with Chief WaHoo.

Anyway here’s some of my momentous that I’ll always hold close to my heart…
7FF3565B-81F1-4AE8-A508-1AD1742D13D8.jpeg

Guitharley

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Well I grew up a true blue Toronto Maple leaf fan...was a little wee lad when they last won the cup...and of course I have buddies to remind how long ago that was with the likes of these kind of texts...

IMG_7322.PNG

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
We live in Northern Virginia ( I'm from here, b.1958) and are across-the-board DC-Area teams fans. So :

-The ' WTF?!- WFT Washington Football Team ( former Redskins)- living under the 'curse of Danny'- 20 years of mismanagement misery
- The Nats
- The Caps
And, believe it or not, we actually love the 'always mediocre' Wizards. Watch every game on TV since the Bullets days, always optimistic- got ' No Expectations ' ( to quote Mick) but love them!
Ok, responding to my above " I love the Wizards!" post.

The Wizards JUST LOST to the Clippers after going up by over 30 points in the first half.

After watching the lead gradually dissapear in the 2nd half, the Wizards did the following :
- they were up by 3 pts, with seconds left in regulation, and got the ball
- they botched their last possession, with a 5-second violation on the inbounds pass....a turnover!

The Clippers shoot a 3-pointer to tie game force OT. BUT the Wizards actually foul on the 3-pointer. Clippers shoot a free throw, win by 1 point!

***worst Wizards loss, ever! Really! ( this defines 'epic fail)
This sucked, so bad!!!!!!