Sports fan? Who is your team no matter what? Show your team colors!

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I heard that.. I was in third grade. Grew up in a little town in Va. I was watching football on channel 7. I watched a rb in red and black, big beautiful G on side of helmet, roll over University of Tennessee LB. Became a UGA Bulldogs fan that day. They went on to win the NC that year. Same year the U.S.A. beat USSR in hockey during the Olympics for the gold. The year 1980. Never have lost faith in my Dawgs. Alot of ups and downs. Then, 01 10 2022 I got to watch with my son our Dawgs win their second NC. Priceless moment shared with my son, it was grand. From here on out in college football it is all good for me. That moment and day, my son, Dawgnation, and myself won. It was and is a blessing. Thanks for replying to thread.
I can't claim to be a Dawg because I went elsewhere but I grew up in a Bulldog household and I also remember Walker taking care of business! And I'm happy for them to have won the nats this year. I've been to a lot of games 'tween the hedges but it has been too long. That's a great football tradition.

blue metalflake

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
A5F22FAF-9270-4CB9-A4E2-F7013B42C096.png

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
And you said “no matter what “ and that is a big deal. Because if you are genuinely a fan you know the team doesn’t owe you and you cheer for them and not the result. Good thread.
Ed Zachary!
I was on board with the Ravens ten years before they won the Superbowl. They had just won the playoff, and I had just flown into BWI, and the cranky emaciated a-hole seated across from me was all decked out in Raider gear. Bet he was even crankier that evening! 🤘😂👍

Tricone

Tele-Holic
Down here our sports teams regularly play games against other countries, our national sporting colours are the green and gold of the Wattle...

Our state team wears Maroon....

NRL Club teams often change their jersey designs and colour schemes, so they don't wear the same strip all the time... which can be a bit confusing on a casual glance at the TV.

View attachment 943947
Good information I didn't know. That is a great thing about sports: tradition.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
We live in Northern Virginia ( I'm from here, b.1958) and are across-the-board DC-Area teams fans. So :

-The ' WTF?!- WFT Washington Football Team ( former Redskins)- living under the 'curse of Danny'- 20 years of mismanagement misery
- The Nats
- The Caps
And, believe it or not, we actually love the 'always mediocre' Wizards. Watch every game on TV since the Bullets days, always optimistic- got ' No Expectations ' ( to quote Mick) but love them!

Attachments

• 20220124_205106.jpg
    20220124_205106.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 8