Spooky Hot Sauce ?

Mr. St. Paul

Tele-Holic
Pickapeppa is great, but it's not a hot sauce. And I live in Minnesota, the market that Pace Picante had to come up with an "extra-mild" variety for. The only state where you will hear the sentence, "This ketchup is spicy!" :p

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
Dave's Insanity Sauce label - this is the original, it's REAL hot and they have some that is even REALLY hotter

Daves IS.jpg

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
Pickapeppa is great, but it's not a hot sauce. And I live in Minnesota, the market that Pace Picante had to come up with an "extra-mild" variety for. The only state where you will hear the sentence, "This ketchup is spicy!" :p
Been a Pace guy since I was a teen. I like the hot one.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Posted this shot of (some of) my stash in the rando photos thread. These are less frequently used and one's unopened obviously, the other stuff usually stays outside the fridge because use them at nearly every meal and have them in larger bottles... holy trinity of Cholula, Tapatio, and Frank's RH.

Three on the right are more or less local. The Taos Hum sauces are both extremely hot. Fatalii has to be the best name for a pepper ever. Fermented jalapeno is funky and awesome.

upload_2021-11-3_6-49-37-png.915814

teleteej

Tele-Meister
Love me some Pickapeppa. It is a table top staple in Jamiaca, seen in restaurants and food carts everywhere, just like a bottle of ketchup in the States. I use it on scrambled eggs quite a bit. Dave's Insanity Sauce is something that should be illegal it's so hot...

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Yep, learned about that from my then Captain Joe. This is when I was living in the Caribbean on sport yachts. He loved that stuff and we put that on fish or escaviched veggies and stuff. Nom nom. And it's a well known fact that the Jamaicans would throw some in the graves of the recently deceased so they could celebrate Dia de Los Muertos. :rolleyes:

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I still say Marie Sharpe's are the best hot sauces on the planet. Unlike so many hot sauces, vinegar isn't in the top 3 ingredients, so the flavor of the actual peppers shines through.
As for Jamaican stuff, Walkerswood jerk seasoning rules.

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Whatever you put it on, wash it down with a Red Stripe.
Eh, you ain't getting the real Red Stripe in the US any more. You'll notice the label now reads "Jamaican Style Lager" - that's because it's being brewed in the US under license from D&G.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Because of this thread I bought my first bottle of Pickapeppa Sauce in several decades.

I don't know what this stuff in the bottle is, but it ain't Pickapeppa. Seems more like slightly thickened worcestershire. Real Pickapeppa was thicker and sweeter.