1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Split messages

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by VintageMike, Jul 19, 2015.

1. VintageMike

VintageMike TDPRI Member

Anyone here get split messages in multiple bubbles from certain people? My cousin sent me a few where the sentence is split and even rearranged to the point I have to search for the next part. Is it a setting in my phone or his.? It only happens with him.

2. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Friend of Leo's

I used to. I think they came from older phones where there is a character limit per message bubble sent. Dat is wot startd al da funi txt speak. Drppin da lettr count bcame nccsry.

When you type fully spelt sentences on those phones, it splits the messages into bubbles containing the maximum letter count.

They've dropped away now as phone data has improved. Glad no one txts me 'c u l8tr' anymore...

3. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This happens a lot when the messages cross networks. We have friends on a Verizon based carrier in the Twin Cities - their messages get cut into small chunks and re-arranged quite often.

Some of the smaller, piggy-back carriers stick to the original message size limits (255 characters I think) and split longer messages to multiple messages.

Not uncommon, but I agree it is annoying. Most of the major carriers have increased message size to 1024 characters or more.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.