Spin-A-Split with bass cut?

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
I’ve got an LP copy with a Super Distortion in the bridge. I don’t really use the Tone control so I was trying to find a variable split coil with bass roll-off wiring diagram.

DOES THIS SOUND CORRECT?

A 5-10k linear potentiometer modded for no-load with the red/white wires on the middle wiper and a 0.0022uF cap (NOT a 0.022uF) to ground (nothing on the outer wiper)?

I’m missing a lot of sleep since we have a new baby, so my brains are scrambled, but my thinking is:

The no-load portion removes the in-series cap, but as the pot is dialed in the signal goes through the cap, then to ground.

But that doesn’t feel right. Doesn’t the hot wire going to the volume/output need the in-series cap for bass roll-off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Or would I need a dual pot? One for the spin-a-split, the other for the simultaneous bass roll-off?

I could always use a 500k/250k dual pot, using the 500k + 2n2 for the bass cut and the 250k with a resistor in parallel to bring it down from 250k to something like 5-10k?

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Nevermind. I’m just going to try a few values between 1k and 100k for a dedicated spin-a-split pot first. I probably don’t need a bass roll-off.