Sperzel tuner bushing replacement

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by smsuryan, Jun 22, 2018.

1. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have one sperzel tuner ez mount not wanting to fit in the headstock and screw on properly. The bushing threads aren’t catching like they are on the rest of the tuners. Off the guitar it fits but there’s less threading, or so it seems; The bushing just slides right down the post and doesn’t catch like the other tuners.

Any place sell a single bushing or even a single tuner so I could get my hands on a whole new one? Or is there a way I can rig this thing? Thanks

2. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

I'd reach out to them directly.

3. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

remove the tuner and check that the threads aren't boogered by simply screwing it on with the fingers... you may also wanna bow 'em out to be certain a chip of a foreign material isn't interfering...

if all is good, reinstall the tuner, this time making sure the bushing is engaged before you tighten anything down... occasionally a slight reaming of the hole will help too.

rk

4. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Somewhere i have a single locking Sperzel that i got on eBay, thinking i was bidding on a whole set (d'oh)..
    If i can find it today I'll send it to ya.

smsuryan and LutherBurger like this.
  5. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Meister

I had a similar thing happen, but the threads on the housing actually tore off into the bushing itself. I have never seen anything like it. I must have installed a dozen sets of these over the years. Otherwise, I have never had problems with any tuners.

6. erix

erix Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I’ve had that happen when the tiny hole for the locating pin was in the wrong place. It makes the tuner tilt toward the side of the hole and the bushing can’t catch a thread. Open that tiny hole up one drill size and try installing the bushing again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.