Spent $50 @ RadioShack, saved $150

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by JohnnyCrash, Mar 9, 2015.

1. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

I used to walk down to the local Shack as a kid to use their tube tester and buy tubes if needed. I would purchase the Realistic LifeTime guaranteed tubes. They were guaranteed forever (just bring your receipt and tube back to the store). yeah right. Now my older brother, get this, still has original receipts from the 70's for the LifeTime tubes. They still honor the guarantee too. not sure how but they do. My favorite electronic place was a place called weiderman. it was like a bulk foods store but instead of gummy bears in the bins it was pots, and caps, and resisters.

2. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

I had to go the China via internet route when I moved to Prague from Nashville 7 years ago. If I had stayed I would certainly miss the Radio Shack on Gallatin road. But,as its been said, times are changing. Let the robots take over all repair/soldering work cause kids have no interest in dinosaur-tech. :neutral:

3. Pawnshopper

Pawnshopper Tele-Meister

4. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Our beloved "Rat Shack" in Grangeville, Idaho hasn't closed yet.

The Pony Express hasn't shown up yet to give them the bad news. We are kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.