* Spectacular So. Cal DANOCASTER Tele! *

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by sgtsteiner, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Stringbender11

Stringbender11 Tele-Meister

Very nice!

2. GopherTele

GopherTele Tele-Afflicted

I've noticed a lot of turnover on these guitars on TGP.

There is usually always one for sale.

Just something I've noticed that does not quite fit with the hyperbolic praise you read about them.

3. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Tele-Meister

Gopher -- I don't think that reflects on Dan's guitars -- as you'll see by the legion of overjoyed owners/members both here and TGP -- but more their price point. At around $2K they're inexpensive enough to move in a pinch, yet great enough quality so they don't stay for sale very long.

All the best!

4. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Very Sharp..

5. GopherTele

Problem is, no one will ever say what they really think because it would hurt resale. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan even lets people know they are only hurting themselves by saying anything negative.

The amount of turn over on these guitars suggests to me that they aren't what everyone says.

Just don't think that an abundance of "This is the best Tele ever!" posts means very much. Talk, as we know is cheap.

Action speaks and selling a guitar that is the "Best ever!" suggests it might not be.

6. sgtsteiner

sgtsteiner Tele-Meister

Gopher -- Not sure where the big-time hater vibe towards Dano's is coming from, but given your strong opinions, I suggest you find one and check it out firsthand -- i.e. actually play one. You might find yourself as impressed as all the other Dano lovers out there.

Regardless, as I said before, at this price point I think you'd have an extremely hard time topping what Dan offers. Cheers!

7. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

He's probably the Lance Armstrong of guitar makers ... :rolleyes:

8. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Never played a Danocaster but I have a Kirn and they appear for sale here and there and mine is great, no much better than great, awesome fits. I would not say best ever about any guitar because it's like saying "best ever painting or sunrise" very subjective. FWIW. Lots of guitars go for sale, cheap and high priced. Some guys just like to buy and sell I think. I know guys who swap guitars like their socks, constantly. New GAS occurs and something is sold.

9. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Gopher, your negative vibe is an assumption. You must remember that you are giving an opinion on a business , and you may be affecting someones livelihood......unless you have played one of these guitars and can give an opinion based on experience, you shouldn't be leading ppl to believe that these guitars are not all they are cracked up to be.

J5

10. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

"Problem is, no one will ever say what they really think because it would hurt resale" ...and that could be said for any guitar, mass produced or not.

11. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

There are many reasons to sell a guitar G.A.S. and the desire to try something new being at the top of the list. Implying that because there are one or two of a specific model for sale because they don't measure up is absurd. You could probably find a nice example of just about anything on TGP anytime. I've sold beautiful guitars by Martin, Tom Anderson, Alembic, Gibson, Fender Custom Shop, Schulte, Guild, just to be able to try something else.

12. GopherTele

I'm just telling you that a lot of people sell them on The Gear Page after getting them directly without having played them first.

Some people think that means something, some don't.

But the fact remains that these guitars get turned over a lot.

I get there are a lot of reasons people sell guitars.

13. PoiDog

PoiDog Tele-Holic

Getting back on topic...

Cool-looking guitar! Congratulations!!!

14. Kashmir

Kashmir TDPRI Member

DanoCaster Tele

Wow. Congratulations. If that guitar plays even half as nice as it looks, it must be killer. The color is fantastic. Enjoy it man.

15. BradL

BradL Friend of Leo's

Well I wouldn't say no to one! Congrats on a fine guitar.

16. cschlish

cschlish Tele-Meister

WOW, I Love it!!! I'm putting a similar Green one together now with a Bigsby on it, wish I new how to age it a eloquently as that!

17. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Some detail on the parts...is that neck made by USACG? Headstock shape looks like it. Also the saddles, who makes those? Great looking guitar!

18. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Gorgeous guitar! If she plays half as nicely as she looks, she's a keeper for sure. May you have many happy years together. :D

19. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

All I can say is...Damn.

20. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Second that....Damn!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.