Specific Brand / Model Pedals You've Purchased Numerous Times

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by arlum, Sep 25, 2021.

1. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Deja Mini Vibe. I have bought 2 or 3 times. But only because I tired of it, sold, then bought again.
    H20 Liquid Chorus/Delay: Bought 3 or 4. Trying different versions, also during chorus searching for the Chorus I want to keep. V1 and V2 are best for me. No longer use though.

Donner Alchemy multi mod effect pedal. Great tremelo, good chorus, nice rotary effect, all in a small sturdy package. I have two, one on each board. Keeper.

Ibanez TS9DX, wore one out before I got a switcher, bought another.

Ditto looper: One failed after a while, bought another. I have two working units.

2. nedorama

nedorama Tele-Holic

MXR - first pedal I bought was the Distortion II in 1981-2, then bought a 10-band equalizer, Phase 90, Micro Flanger. No longer have any of them except for the MXR Paperweight, which was a NAMM gift for dealers.

Ibanez - started with an AD9 delay back in '83, added an SC10 Stereo Chorus in 87, and then a TS9 and an AD9 Mini. Great stuff. Still have all 4.

Have had great luck with Keeley - started having them mod my TS9 and Dunlop Wah, then added a Katana Boost, Compressor, Fuzz Head, and an Electric Mudd Fuzz. Sold the Katana and compressor, but have the rest.

Xotic - bought the EP Booster, liked it so much I bought the SP Compressor. Still have them both.

J. Rockett - bought the Majestic, and liked it so much I bought the Archer Ikon. May swap out the Majestic as finding I'm not using it now that I have the Archer Ikon.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Nope. Pedals have always been a forward marching sonic adventure for me. I can’t imagine ever revisiting pedals that I have already gone through. My board has been the same for some solid years now, but it sure took me a long time and lots of pedals to get here. Everyone’s pedal journey is going to be different, so I could see how some would go back to a pedal after lots of changes and I know people who have. It is all about your own creativity.

bluesholyman likes this.
  4. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Afflicted

Yes, Boss SG-1 Slow Gear, Boss CE-2 Chorus, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, Ibañez AD-9 Analog Delay and Keeley Compressor.

20210307_002601.jpg

northernguitar likes this.
  5. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I only buy drive pedals, and only cheap Chinese ones. My favorite ones are from Caline. I think I've had every drive pedal they make. As for buying the same pedal over again, I've done that with some Caline, Joyo, Tomsline, and Rowin ones. I might sell one on CL, because it's too similar to another I have that I like more. But then, if I get a new amp, I might buy one that I liked again, to see how it fares with the new amp, and it's usually a waste of money, because, more often than not, I come to the same conclusion, with a few exceptions. The reason that I only buy drive pedals is because I only play at home at low volume, and I find small modeling amps to be the best for me under those conditions, and the amps all have good sounding modulation, delay, and reverb effects built in, but i prefer the amps clean with a drive pedal over the built in drive sounds from the amps. Over the years, I've probably had more than one TS5, TS7, TS9, Boss SD1, MXR Distortion Plus, Dod 250 and FX50B, and Big Muff.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  6. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

BJFE/Bearfoot FX Model G: I’ve never found another dirt pedal like it. Great pedal for rhythm crunch. It’s Mike Campbell in a box. Super dynamic and cleans up beautifully. Has a mid emphasis that really makes it stand out without being honky or boxy. One of my all-time favorite pedals.

DigiTech Obscura delay: I’ve had one since it was released. Bought a second one when DigiTech was bought out and they were dirt cheap. One of the best bang-for-the-buck pedals ever. Absolutely hideous pedal, but sounds gorgeous.

Timmy: Everyone who plays electric guitar should own a Timmy IMO.

7. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I’ve had a few myself. Still have a mini, but it’s not being used. I will never sell it just because I know I’ll end up wondering if I need a TS in the future.

I know a TS can be a great pedal with the right rig, but I freakin hate them. Just not my thing.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    teletail likes this.
  8. burtonfan

burtonfan Tele-Afflicted

Pedal companies are like sports teams: They all have some top performers along with a few that are barely fit to hold the clipboard.

I always cherry-pick my own "pro-bowl" team.

9. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

BBE Green Screamers
    Tube Screamers
    Dyna Comps
    BBE Two Timers
    BBE Tremor Tremolos

10. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Afflicted

Mostly LovePedal and Fulltone for the amount of pedals by a specific builder. However, I have a number a random pedals by different builder because I like the characteristics of those specific pedals.

11. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve owned several different Tube Screamers—TS5, TS10, TS9RI, TS808RI, TS7.
    A TS9RI still resides on my pedalboard.

I have two MXR Micro Amps.

I had a Dunlop GCB-95, decided that I needed a different wah (which I didn’t) so I sold it to finance the replacement…the replacement didn’t work out as I hoped it would, so I ended up buying another GCB-95…Since Dunlop doesn’t recognize my brilliance and influence as a guitar hero, I eventually “customized” it by carving my initials, a star and a flourish into the footpad…so now I have an MWA-95.

12. Old Plank

Old Plank Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

While not intentionally focusing on the brand itself, I've ended up with an array of tc electronic pedals over the last couple years, a half dozen or so. So far, so good!

If there's a brand of which I'm actually kind of a fan, that would be EHX and their colorful wide-ranging roster.

As for multiple purchases, I have two regular-size DanEchos; a regular and a mini Flashback, a regular and a mini Crybaby; and a regular and a mini Holy Grail. I would get a Doctor Evil and a Mini-me if I could!

13. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

I only have this one now,
    but I have bought, sold, and broken this one model ( both the green and white versions, made for GC) $30 MXR Classic Overdrive, maybe 4 times since the pedal was new, in GC maybe 2007/8?
    I'd like it, need $$, sell it, buy another, break one, buy again...

It is a strong Tube Screamer type OD ( great range in those controls- powerful!) that I use occasionally 'stacked' with my lower Gain OD pedal that is ON all the time.

I just use it at a moderate Drive/Gain knob setting) to make a harder '70's rock sound, than what I use most of the time, which is a cleaner sound ( some breakup)
    Just like it as it's easy to use with other pedals ( love MXR and Boss- size pedals)
    20210927_142031.jpg

Nice cheap pedal

14. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

I've gone through / tried out a number of drive pedals over the years. Not many that I would go back and buy again if I moved on already, but here are a few I would:

Xotic Soul Driven - just a great drive box - my favorite variant of the TS circuit.
    Coppersound FoxCatcher - Not sure why I sold the first one, but got it again and its staying.
    OCD - have owned every revision except the v1.1 - settled on the 1.6 as my favorite and i have two.
    Bluesdriver - my favorite pedal for humbucker neck pickup - it just does the right kind of magic. Don't have it now, but will get it again in an angry driver once I sell of some other gear.

15. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

Brand wise, got a bunch of VFE's.

Only thing I've sold once and bought twice is an old table top Vox Tonelab.

But considering buying a Rat again.

Generally don't sell off pedals anymore because ... I re-discover them. For example, recently put back in a modded Seymour Duncan PU Booster (which is stellar for the tone I'm into these days)...that will kick off a parametric eq, compresssor, germanium frequency booster and hpf/lpf/ gain eq.

16. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Holic

I have a love/hate relationship with the Rat. I’ve owned a few, both ProCo and clones. Like a TS, it can be great with some amps, or garbage with others. I suppose the same could be said about any other pedal.

17. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Holic

I'm picky about delays and reverbs. I have smaller and larger boards. Delays and reverbs usually stay in place and others revolve around them. On larger boards I tend to have two delays or two reverbs so that I can have the order in both ways.

I have three Ibanez DE7s, two TC T2s and two Digitech Supernaturals.

18. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I've bought and sold two Orange Kongpressors. (Optical compressor)

I could kind of see myself buying a 2nd Keeley Compressor Plus. I had one a few years ago and got rid of it.

I've come to think my Orange Rocker 15 absolutely doesn't need a compressor. Turn the natural channel up halfway and it compresses by itself and is pretty darn amazing for funk or sustained clean.

Now I have the Princeton, and I didn't find the Kongpressor dramatic enough to do much. Kind of the same thing with the Orange. And I would be tempted to try the Keeley again.

The Keeley had a lot more squish IIRC and was less transparent. The Kongpressor is just almost perfectly transparent. The Princeton is very quiet and clean and would get along with the Keeley whereas the Kongpressor is quieter and worked better as a compressor into the Orange dirty. I am more interested in the applications with the Keeley I think for clean sounds with the Princeton. So never say never but I could end up with another one.

I have owned an OCD in the past and would be tempted to get another one too to use with the Princeton. I could use a mid-humped distortion like the OCD with the Princeton, whereas the Orange prefers a mid scooped distortion.

19. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

Have you tried a Barber Gain Changer? It's got a voicing/EQ switch that could potentially allow it to work pretty well with both amps.

20. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

I have bought a lot of TS9’s. Every few years I think I wanna try something different. So I do. And I convince myself I like it better. So I sell my TS9’s.Then a a couple years after that the honeymoon is over, and I sell whatever I bought and get TS9’s again. I have also bought several SD1 pedals for the same reason.

I have bought several Rats as well. Every ten years or so I decide to give them another chance. Only to realize “nope, I still hate ‘em.” I think I’m over it now.

Pedal I *would* buy again if I ever walked into a shop and found one- Ibanez Jet Driver.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.