Specific Brand / Model Pedals You've Purchased Numerous Times

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by arlum, Sep 25, 2021.

1. arlum

arlum Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Are there any effect pedals that, once you'd made the original purchase, you went back to time and time again for replacements or to add to other pedal boards or in order to have the exact same pedal at different locations you keep equipment at? Pedals that once found cancelled out your need or desire to look for other examples of that particular effect.

For myself ........ over long term usage .....

Chorus .... The Analogman Mini-Chorus with third external knob and fixed "deep" setting. It's the only chorus I use. I've owned two. One's over 10 years old and the other, on a separate pedal board, is seven years old. They both work as good as the day they were purchased. I'll stick with them forever. This is the most beautifully voiced vintage type analog chorus pedal I've ever found.

Flanger .... The A/DA Voltage Controlled Flanger. I've owned the original AC plug in version as well as the 18 volt DC version that replaced it. Two AC versions and two 18 Volt versions. They sound the same to my ears. Neither are currently in production. I'll have to go used if I need any more. No other Flanger delivers the range or sweep settings of the A/DA. I've owned many Flangers and most either lack the range or are to complicated or noisy. Some effect the signal path in a bad way when they're not in use. The A/DA is the only one I'll use.

Phaser .... The Mad Professor Hand Wired Tiny Orange Phaser. I've owned two. It's the only Phaser I've found that, with the turn of a dial, can create the best studio psychedelic phasing sounds from the late '60s / early '70s to the later harder rock / metal phasing sounds of the Phase 90 / EVH tones. At both ends of the spectrum it's perfect. Next to the Wah Wah and Echo / Delay the Phasing effect has always been my next favorite. I've owned more than I can count. From early MXR Phase 45s and 90s, A/DA Final Phase, Electro Harmonix Small Stone, Ibanez PT707 and PT9 right through the post 2000 Blackout Effectors Whetstone Analog Phaser. The Tiny Orange Phaser bests all of them to a degree that it's the only one I currently use. (of note* When I'm needing a third pedal board I'll still utilize the Whetstone Analog Phaser but will probably purchase a third Tiny Orange Phaser in the near future).

Shimmer .... The Mr. Black Eterna Gold Modified. While their are multiple Reverb and Delay pedals that offer this effect as an option none of them have taken it to the state of perfection as the Eterna God Modified. It focuses strictly on the Shimmer effect. It adds a vocal like "choir" voice behind whatever you're playing. What makes the Eterna Gold Modified stand out from the rest is the way it never overpowers you guitars direct signal. It's also the only shimmer effect I've found that can sound absolutely beautiful when used during "lead" passages. When I first came across the "shimmer" effect, (on a strymon delay pedal), I liked it for rhythm work. I liked it a lot. The downside was the way it could crowd out thee main notes during a lead passage. It muddied things up. The Eterna Gold modified takes this flaw out of the mix. Combined with an Ernie Ball VP Jr. and a "violin" voiced gain pedal it produces an electric guitar voice that could front an orchestra.

2. Zoso420

Zoso420 Tele-Meister

I'm a fan of morley wah and volume pedals. They don't have a pot in them to get dirty they use a photo resitor and a led. I did have a wah of theirs die on me a long time ago but I was young and dumb. Also had band practice in a barn and didn't keep it clean.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Back in my distant yoot, dat’s right, yoot, I bought lots of Ibanez TS 9s, and TC Chorus/Pitch Modulation pedals.
    Later in my mid Jurassic period, I bought a few Boss DM2s.
    Dat’s it.
    I’m a stomp box simpleton.

Happy Enchilada and naveed211 like this.
  4. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Line 6.

I have the Roto-Machine & Tap Tremolo.

5. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Sometimes I talk here about how much I like Danelectro’s The Breakdown pedal.

I do in fact have two of them.

Not as funny as it seems, as the rotary ‘Break-up’ dial lets you set the pedal on quite different ranges. So, with two, you don’t necessarily have two of the ‘same.’

That’s the simplified version of why I have two.

13C7C2D7-F115-47DD-A067-B2A5FBDC23CC.jpeg

Pax/
    Dean

Jack Clayton, Fiesta Red and Slip Kid like this.
  6. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Fulltone OCD and Earthquaker Dispatch Master.

I vacillate between pedals and multi-effects. But when I’m back on a pedal kick, I seem to keep coming back to those, especially with a Tele. They just sound right to me.

Jack Clayton likes this.
  7. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm
    Yep… MXR microamp…

Fiesta Red likes this.
  8. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

2 soul foods
    5 tube screamers (808, 2 ts5s, ts7, and a super tube)
    2 Dano Cool Cat drives (both v1)
    2 crybaby wahs, plus a Jimi Hendrix wah
    Boss reverb (rv3 and rv6)

Franc Robert

9. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Afflicted

2 Timmy clones, Mosky MM Silver. My always on pedal, both on my main and back up board. Also, two OCDs, one original Fullerton v2.1, the other a clone by Mooer.

10. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

I just bought for the fifth or sixth time the Line 6 M5....:D:D:D

northernguitar likes this.
  11. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

I’ve bought a Friedman BE-OD a few times. I’ve had a love/hate relationship with it. I find it does only one thing well…massive grind. Noisy little bugger. I sold it because I can get massive grind out of my VOX Night Train G2.

D_Malone likes this.
  12. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

I suspect a lot of us have repurchased the Tube Screamer circuit under various guises. ;)

13. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Afflicted

I got a second LPB-1, but busted the ribbon connector looking around inside of it--just snapped right off with the slightest flexion. So now I have a project box.

14. Ebidis

Ebidis Friend of Leo's

Not particular models, but brand. I have owned many Boss pedals. They are high quality, and practically indestructible.

RetroTeleRod and Happy Enchilada like this.
  15. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Afflicted

I have 4 SHO's (built not bought)

16. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Tele-Holic

Boss
    Mooer
    MXR
    Wampler

Used to run an exclusively boss pedalboard. Loved it, was a great piece of heavy-duty board. Bought a couple of Metal Zone pedals (including a keeley one) at various times, and a few of the Orange distortion pedals, including a Keeley-mod’d one too. I also had a great boss Feedbacker pedal that stayed on my board for years too. That was EPIC fun!
    FE318C77-49F6-49FB-BC63-E1E2AC5FC414.jpeg
    (That was a later incarnation with a digitech Whammy and Morley Wah added)

Went down the digital amp-modelling route for some time. But during the first lockdown I decided to build myself a mini board using Mooer pedals.

E838AF57-D388-4644-89C0-E97BFE62F737.jpeg 024D419F-642B-4C43-B667-2E170B31A857.jpeg

My current go-to rig features a mix of MXR and Wampler pedals, with a couple of the Mooer pedals I kept. Still a mini board, but one that I think is relatively stable now.

6831CF34-1F55-4156-866E-A5C95BE96925.jpeg D14F4416-1454-4BAE-B4CC-C612AD1E3717.jpeg

I’m currently GAS’ing for an MXR Mini Phase90 (or 95 - can’t remember which one) to replace the NinetyOrange, but only because I like MXR pedals a lot. Although I have an MXR Timmy I’m tempted to sell, as I find it a bit…. Meh!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  17. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Afflicted

I have never bought the same pedal twice or more, but I have bought a lot from the same makers. Boss, LovePedal, Fulltone, Dan Electro, Electro Harmonix, MXR. There is usually something that comes out later that I end up liking a lot more so I will get that instead.

18. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

Ibanez Tube Screamer. I like the way other people sound using them, but I think I’m on my third one that sits unused on my board. I’ll sell this one soon and in a couple years probably buy another one.

19. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

Boss DS-1 Distortion - My first one was my first pedal; I later had it Keeley-modded and it's still a mainstay for me. I later bought another DS-1 locally for the sake of modding experimentation, and I'll probably get other cheap ones locally for the same purpose.

MXR Dyna Comp - First one died a mysterious death, so I bought another one. It's fine, but I use a Keeley Compressor now.

Digitech Whammy - This might not count, because I originally had the IV and later got the V, mostly for its ability to switch between new, smoother tracking for chords and the original, beautiful glitchy mess.

20. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

I cant think of any pedals Ive bought more than one of unless you count clones. Ive tried cheap clones before deciding to get the real thing or not.

But after trying a whole buncha stuff from boutique to mass produced Chinese clones Ive wound up with a pretty boring board. lol.
    Boss TU3 Tuner, BD2, Nobles ODR-1, Way Huge Blue Hippo chorus and Russian Pickle fuzz, Boss DM2W and DD3 delays.
    So Boss, Nobles, and Way Huge. Pretty basic but works the best for me at the moment.

Obsessed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.