Speaking of the Doors, a short list

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ping-ping-clicka, Oct 27, 2019.

1. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Tele-Meister

i love the doors. moonlight drive. when the music's over. damn. so good.

also mad respect to them for keeping their tunes out of adverts. wish more bands would follow that example.

2. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

I went ahead and checked out both.

Funny thing is that my brother, who is an exceptional guitar player really likes X so I've heard plenty of their stuff. Me, on the other hand, I was never a fan. On your tip, I checked out their version of "Soul Kitchen." It takes the song in a whole different direction. It didn't work for me (but that doesn't mean folks shouldn't check it out). To my ears, the Doors version remains the gold standard version.

That version of "Touch Me" is interesting. There's definitely a bit of contrast - especially when you're used to hearing the version with the full production.

One of the things that I most like about TDPRI is forum members being able to pass on helpful and/or interesting suggestions to others. Thanks for the tips.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I don't really prefer X's version of Soul Kitchen either. I can take X in small doses when I'm in the right mood. Maybe they should have done "My Wild Love" in the same revved up style (wink).

Regarding "Touch Me", it was already fairly schmaltzy with the harpischord and all the "I'm gonna love you" crooning. But nobody asked me what I thought. My grandma liked the Doors but I think it was down to Jim's sexy voice, not sure she paid much attention to the Oedipal references and weird stuff.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.