1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Speaking of mountain lions...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ZackyDog, Feb 26, 2019.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

She is 100 lbs., can leap 30 feet, and probably kill anyone in the audience, as well as her handlers.

Adult males can weigh up to 225 lbs.

dlew919 likes this.
  2. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

This dude says talk to the hand...er.....foot.
    [​IMG]

3. Smoky Booroo

Smoky Booroo Tele-Meister

Oh, I know them! They do cat rescue here in Sonoma County. They have all kinds of rare cats like snow leopards and cheetahs. Their whole thing is awareness and trying to save wild places so that cats and humans can both exist on the world. Fantastic people! When the mountain lion comes out everybody has to be very quiet and noone can make any sudden movements. Very freaky!

ZackyDog likes this.
  4. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Hello Kitty

5. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Yah, they're supposedly extinct in Alabama...but I've seen two in the wild here. I was out on my bike, on a road in the middle of a nearby protected area and crested a rise to see this big cat about 1/4 mi away, crossing the road with a pair of kits. Her head was crossing the line in the middle of the road and her tail was just leaving the edge. Not a Bobcat! I decided to take a good, long water break before going on. Kept my head on a swivel for a few miles after that!

The second was standing by the side of the road while Miz Diane and I were carpooling to work. It simply looked like it was observing traffic. Stood there for a good while and then off into the swamp. Miz Diane was "OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Didja see that?!!" We were in pretty heavy traffic...I often wonder if anyone else saw it.

Of course, the Alabama game commission said, "Pix or it didn't happen...but we get plenty of reports from your area!"

ZackyDog likes this.
  6. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I was in Montana last Summer on a country holiday with some local guys that hunt them because they are a danger coming in to town for food. Some of their stories and photos of the hunts were amazing. Big dangerous cats.I'd online heard of bears prior to that

ZackyDog likes this.
  7. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May I buy her a Drink?

8. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Oh, they’re all out there.
    [​IMG]

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

”Speaking of mountain lions...”

I had my catamounts removed

10. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I've dispatched a few that messed with me. They're pussies.

11. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I stopped at 3:12 mark. They're around here too. DEC says no. Yeah right.

12. frankg11

frankg11 Tele-Holic

Where I live we co-exist with Mt. Lions, Bob Cats, Coyotes, Deer, etc. The rules around here is leave you pet out it's dinner. It's their neighborhood. the house is just a cage to keep them out at night. We lose about 50 or more pets a years, when the "Have you seen <name the pet> you know it's gone.

So we moved into their area, we need to make sure we respect them. So yes I carry a gun when working in the yard.

13. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

[​IMG]

The one that did this was about 40 miles south of the dude in Fort Collins. I wonder how big a cat it would take to get scratches way up there? There were a herd of mule deer perfectly placed in the middle of the marked up trees, lol. I’d say this mountain lion picked a good spot!

Wife and I had one take one take a dump in the middle of a trail in front of us (didn’t see the cat, but the scat was really fresh) when we were full-moon night hiking through the mountains. Was kinda spooky to have unmistakable evidence of being watched by one of those things when you are very much in their prime hunting environment.

ZackyDog likes this.
  14. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Is his name Steve French?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.