Speakers Weber CTC 10 or Allesandro's for vibrolux?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by adjason, Jul 19, 2021.

1. adjason

adjason Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've got a 1979 vibrolux reverb. I've tried weber dt 10's (lost the sparkle) a weber 25 watt alnico and ceramic (good tone but so loud so fast). I put the original oxfords back in and they are ok. I am thinking about the weber CTC 10's- this is what Weber recommended when I emailed them-anybody tried them? the other speaker I keep hearing good things about is the Emminence Allesandro- these seem to be a favorite among super champ xd and Princeton users. I usually play clean and not that loud

2. smuc

smuc Tele-Meister

I am on the hunt for the 10s myself for a 6g2 that I am building. But, Speakers are quite of a personal preference in the end.

Had an Alessandro, not my cup of tea. Eminence 1058 is something I would put in my Vibrolux, and will to in my Princeton.

adjason likes this.
  3. tele_savales

tele_savales Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

I just got a ceramic Weber Silverbell and the thing is literally unbelievable. I custom ordered a 100 watter for my single channel ab763, w light dope. Haven’t cranked it yet but at low clean volume it’s perfect. Absolutely perfect. And I’ve used an Eminence Governor, Celestion Creamback, and WGS ET-65 thru this amp and the Weber crushes them. Don’t forget the free break in.

adjason likes this.
  4. Mr.Ike

Mr.Ike Tele-Meister

Love the Webber in my 65’ Vibrolux. Tried others and it just wasn’t the same. Just my 2 cents.

adjason likes this.
  5. snottyboy

snottyboy Tele-Meister

I have an old set of Weber C10Qs (now called the 10F125) that I use for traditional voicing in my 1968 VR. But also take a look at the All-Tone 1025 and 1040. I have had the 1040s in that amp for the last couple years and really prefer them when going for driven tones. The cleans are still very good, too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.