1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Speaker for 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by teleile, Apr 6, 2021.

1. teleile

teleile TDPRI Member

So I have the 68 Custom Dlx Reverb and searching for a great new speaker to it. I'm interested in WGS speakers (the G12C for example). So I'd like to hear what you are using on your DRRI and if you have any recommendations.

2. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

I use aWeber 12F150 in my '66 DR. I've tried running my '68 CDR through it and it sounds excellent, crisp & clear. The Celestion 70 that comes with the CDR is no dog, but more of a tweed sound to me.

39martind18 and teleile like this.
  3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I installed an Emi Allessandro 64 in a DRRI....great speaker. By chance, I had another DRRI come in at the same time for biasing. It was running a WGS Veteran innit.....I was impressed, and its sonics were similar to the Allesandro. Good low end, good high end with no harshness.

BlueCajun likes this.
  4. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

+1 on the Weber. Another option, especially if weight is a consideration, is the Jensen Neo Tornado. It, or its close cousin, is the speaker that comes in the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb. I have that amp and am quite happy with the sound. In addition, I had a pair installed in the 1968 Twin Reverb I traded for the TMDR. They saved about 9-10 lb on the total weight on the Twin. YMMV

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.