SPARKS DOCUMENTARY NETFLIX

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I love Sparks and thought the documentary was fantastic. I first heard of Sparks in the 80s but only because two artists I loved covered their songs -- "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us" by Siouxsie & the Banshees and "Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth" by Martin Gore.

I didn't really get into Sparks own discography until 10 years ago or so and was flabbergasted by the depth of their catalog and how ahead of their time they were. Somehow I always knew they were from L.A., but for a long time I thought they had a female singer! Russell Mael still sounds great.

I found it interesting that they still meet every morning on Santa Monica Pier for coffee before heading to the 'office.'

Last time in LA we had lunch across the street from the pier, and I was tempted to go looking and see if they were around - but they were probably off working for a few hours by that time.

Their work ethic is pretty amazing.

- D

John O

Tele-Meister
I think i saw these guys on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert or Midnight Special a couple of times in the late '70's.
Thought their music was quirky and the keyboard player kinda stiff and weird with his sideways stares, but unique band for sure.

Toast

Tele-Afflicted
I saw them back in the 80's when I was a high schooler. Great show, great band.

You can be smart as hell,
Know how to add,
Know how to figure things on yellow pads . . .

Angst In My Pants - Sparks

Last edited: