1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sparkle-Bari-Cabronita-ish

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by grinchmonkey, Nov 5, 2012.

1. grinchmonkey

grinchmonkey Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Ok, I dreamt up this project a while back and it has finally come to fruition. I used Warmoth parts and sent the body to Rowyco Kustoms for the sparkle paint job. It has a Rutters "La Burrito" bridge and TV Jones pickups. Underneath the green sparkles and pearl binding is a swamp ash body. The baritone neck is a 2-piece all rosewood neck with stainless steel 6105 frets. The controls are simple and consist of only a volume and a 3-way rotary switch for pickup selection.

I took it to my gig on Saturday and it sure plays and feels nice and certainly catches some eyes. However, as the main/lead guitarist (singer strums some) it became pretty obvious that the baritone is hard to throw into songs in the setlist. I tried not to think about this as I was acquiring parts and assembling it, and man it sure is awesome sounding to have that lower range, but it is less practical than I had hoped. So I have already ordered another neck from Warmoth. I love the way the unfinished rosewood neck feels so I was looking for something else that can be played unfinished. I ended up with a Goncalo Alves neck with a Pao Ferro fretboard, still the same stainless frets, but this time it has pearl binding to match the body binding as well as fret markers, knobs and tuner heads in pearl.

I think it's the classiest most gaudy thing ever, and I love it. Tell me what you think of it though. Just a few shots of it here, maybe I'll get some video of it in action some time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Deelicious!

3. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Hubba Hubba, a real beauty!

4. ModerneGuy

ModerneGuy Tele-Holic

Hey that's really cool - I like it a lot. Can you tell me what the green flake is - is it "Bong Water Green" by any chance? I bought some a while ago but haven't used it yet. What you've used looks superb. Love the pearloid binding too - I'm a sucka for that stuff.

Are you going with a tele headstock with your new neck? Not really a fan of strat headstocks on teles ...but hey it's your guitar. Cheers

5. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

That is hot.

6. Zillinois

Zillinois Friend of Leo's

That's pretty sweet looking, especially with the binding.

7. Pips

Pips Tele-Holic

Love it

8. grinchmonkey

grinchmonkey Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

The guy I had do the finish - Rowyco Kustoms - does the flake in silver and then paints a custom transparent color over the silver. So I don't know what color to tell you, he just mixed a green that I described to him.

As for the headstock - I bought that Baritone neck because I figured I could put that neck on any of my guitars. A Strat neck fits a Tele, but not the other way around. I also kind of figured it was a weird build being a Bari, so I didn't worry about the different headstock. The new neck I ordered is a Tele neck all the way.

9. ModerneGuy

ModerneGuy Tele-Holic

Thanks for the response. Ah yes, I've seen Stike's work on other forums and have drooled over his website ...metaphorically!

Anyway look forward to seeing and hearing it. Enjoy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.