Spammed by PM - this needs to be stopped! rober4ut112

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by rogb, Dec 22, 2018.

1. rogb

rogb Tele-Afflicted

But it will help prevent your personal information being stolen, which is a good thing, isn't it?:twisted:

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

If one were foolish enough to have personal information (that is so sensitive that it requires security) on a site such as this, yes, I suppose it would be a good thing. I don't think any of us are that foolish though.

I could be wrong :)

3. Solaris moon

Solaris moon Tele-Meister

That's the problem - that this isn't the only website where this has happened! This is also known as the South African email scam. I know of another prominent forum that was completely HIJACKED and held for RANSOM!! Be glad that didn't happen here. That was a huge mess for months on end. The guy that owned that website was a real bag of s*%t and he deserved to be knocked down a few pegs, but in the meantime the members there weren't doind anything illegal, or wrong. It's just that there were extenuating circumstances where the people who hijacked it did so for spite not just money.....

4. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I recall once in the distant past, members of some Les Paul forum hacked this site, and spammed about how LPs were vastly superior to teles.

It was either that, or the reverse. Not kidding, this really did happen, one way or the other. Pretty sure this was pre- the 2003 "update"

So, I guess there is that "threat" :p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Wait a minute!
    Y'all saying I shouldn't have given him all my banking info so I can receive the transfer?
    Dang it.

suave eddie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.