Source for Tele bodies

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by skydog6653, Sep 17, 2020.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

They offer something like closet clean. It does have a few nicks, etc. IIRC. They do not sell perfection like a new Fender body.

2. stratisfied

stratisfied Tele-Meister

GFS XP body on this one. It is full thickness, only their bargain bodies are thinner than spec. No double bound though if that's what you're after. I'd call that pretty nice quality.

IOZcOm.jpg

oldfish, drmordo, scook and 1 other person like this.
  3. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

Warmoth is my go to source.

jscud likes this.
  4. SKEsq

SKEsq TDPRI Member

I bought a GFS XGP body I did as an Esquire (not a double bound body, however). I'd also recommend Warmoth - though I think their lead time is fairly long at the current time. Quick Cell phone snap.
    Esquire.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Tele_Luvr and scook like this.
  5. T00DEEPBLUE

T00DEEPBLUE TDPRI Member

This is exactly the problem I've recently encountered too.

Isn't it insane that you need to CUSTOM ORDER a non-relic body in nitro but you can buy a fully relic'd one off the shelf with next day delivery?

o_O

6. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

My MJT Special Order experience...
    I recently got a special order Strat body from MJT. After sending payment to MJT, Matt Jenny passed my order on to a MJT project manager. Lincoln, my project manager and I exchanged many many photos and emails and after about five weeks, I got exactly what I'd asked for. I now know that MJT get there bodies from their supplier in California, (MJT does not build their own bodies.) They will than finish them however you want, so if you wanted a non-destressed body I'm absolutely sure they would do that. Working with the nice folks at MJT was great!

IMG_8946.jpg

7. skydog6653

skydog6653 Tele-Meister

So did your head, but you get what you pay for.

8. Rhomco

Rhomco Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Don't forget Best Guitar Parts. Formerly USACG.
    Rob

9. RichCuellarPDX

RichCuellarPDX Tele-Meister

I have a Guitar Mill swamp ash body and its top quality.

10. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

From an aesthetic perspective I prefer one-piece bodies too :), but they are pretty hard to find, especially in swamp ash.

It was a pretty good reason to make my own.

Since you are going with black lacquer (opaque finish) maybe you could expand your possibilities by being open to multi-piece bodies. I'm quite sure you won't notice any difference in tone ;).

11. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

you can get one made from probably any of the custom body builders out of whatever wood you want, bound, finished and delivered. Just be prepared to pay for all that labor.

If I was going to this I would call guitar mill and ask if they could sell me a nice 1 piece ash body, unfinished with no roundover on the top. and I'd try to find somebody else to bind it and paint it (I'd try it myself personally) but... I wasn't going to try to bind and finish it myself, I'd try to find a local guy to do it for me.

It's hard to find nice swamp ash blanks, and they seem to cost just about what guitar mill charges for an unfinished body, so I'd try them first. I'd also call MJT and ask them what they could source the body for. I'd also not be too hung up on getting a 1 piece body, even though I think they are really cool, particularly if I was going to bind it and paint it black??

Check out these guys too.

https://precisionguitarkits.com/product/tstyle-custom

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.