1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Source for Amer Std B-Bender Saddles?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ignatius, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

I just bought a used 1996 American Standard B-Bender. As my luck would have it, the height adjustment posts in the B saddle were stripped and broken off by the previous owner. Of course it has to be the B saddle which is open in the back to allow passage of the B string from the bender mechanism....

Does anyone know of a source where I can buy a replacement saddle or set of of saddles? If I'm correct, the older B-Bender saddles have a different finish than the newer saddles, so I may have to buy a whole set if I don't want the mismatch.

By the way, the old height adjustment posts are not only broken off inside the saddle but the hex head is also stripped completely. They probably rusted and this guy tried to force it. :rolleyes:

2. threadbare

threadbare Tele-Holic

The only thing I know to do is contact fender or Gene Parson's the inventor of the b-bender. He has a website. I hear it's easier to get him by phone though.

Or maybe you can contact hipshot. They bought the design and now make Parsons/Green Style B-benders.

3. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Hmm. Coming up pretty short on this. I emailed Fender but no response yet (but it has only been a few hours). Googled every which way I could think of, couldn't find a source. Emailed Darren Riley who has a good reputation for stocking lots and lots of Fender parts and I struck out with him. Poked around at the Hipshot site but didn't see anything. Searched on eBay - nada.

4. Aaron G

Aaron G Tele-Meister

Look at graph tech. I put one on the b string (bought all six) in an old bender I had. Slides well and doesn't dig, too.

5. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

I would also go with Graph tech ( standard am std set, and cut the B out for the bender string). I put them on my 96 Bender tele as well. The string does slide better with no squeak and holds better tune.

However, if you must have the Fender saddle, the Fender part number is : 005 063 3000. Height screws are 002 678 0000. Your intonation screw and spring are probably ok. Here is the parts list if you need more. http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/telecaster/0118342C/SD0118342CPg3.pdf It is for the Nashville, but the saddles on that guitar didn't cahange that I know of.

You'll need a Fender dealer to purchase them. My Fender dealer of choice is CA House Music http://www.cahousemusic.com/
    C. A. House Music
    52335 National Road
    St. Clairsville, OH 43950
    Phone: 740-695-5929
    FAX: 740-695-6766
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Ask for Roger Hoard. He is one of the most knowledgeable in the country, and one of the best guitar players in the world.

6. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Chet,

THANK YOU!

7. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

You're perfectly welcome.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.