SoundCloud pro

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
Howdy Mike....

I'm only good for a bump.

I'd thought about it in past but just haven't felt it would do much for me.

If I were to consider it I would honestly evaluate my songs first and determine what genre I'm writing in?
Then, I'd compare them to other peoples' song writing within that genre and their recording quality?
Is there an actual listening demographic that my songs would fit into?
Do my songs measure up to what I'm hearing from others?

Honestly....I don't think my songs would have any mass appeal regardless of my promotional efforts.

A tough call....keep us informed of what you decide as I'd be curious of your results.

Have a great day....

Last edited:

popthree

Poster Extraordinaire
yeah ok thanks for the bump. this part of the forum is disappointingly dead. for me, a decision to 'go pro' on soundcloud would really be more about having more upload space than anything. they frequently do a 50% off deal so it would be 36 bucks for a year. if the 'spotify' option were actually somewhat effective to leverage, it may be enough of an incentive to get me to fork over the dough.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
this part of the forum is disappointingly dead. for me, a decision to 'go pro' on soundcloud would really be more about having more upload space than anything. they frequently do a 50% off deal so it would be 36 bucks for a year. if the 'spotify' option were actually somewhat effective to leverage, it may be enough of an incentive to get me to fork over the dough.

I hear you....a bit of a disappointment from my perspective.
That's the way the world of forums rolls. :)

If it's more for 'upload space' I didn't think of that reason.
So...it you're pumping out the material to upload then paying for the 'Pro' it may be worth it to you.

I'm not on Spotify....only Soundclick & Soundcloud.

Good luck with your decision making.

Last edited:

popthree

Poster Extraordinaire
yeah, in the past i have taken down many recordings due to hitting the wall on SC. just hit the wall again yesterday so time to do some more housekeeping or pay the piper.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
yeah, in the past i have taken down many recordings due to hitting the wall on SC. just hit the wall again yesterday so time to do some more housekeeping or pay the piper.

Well.....

I don't know what the 'limit' is and never had a problem.
Guess I'm not writing nearly the amount of material you are.

I have (28) songs on Soundclick and about half as many (although the same ones) on Soundcloud which is related to the BIAB "User Showcase" forum.

I have not a clue as to when I get limited out....guess I'll stop writing at that time. :)

Carry on....

popthree

Poster Extraordinaire
yeah, i think i'm about done here. this place is dying. its too bad. but honestly, the writers forum never took off. most people who come to the tele forum aren't much for songwriting it seems.

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
Have you considered using bandcamp instead? I have a free bandcamp homepage which has no limit on the amount of content I upload. Might be worth checking out.

As for the dearth of participation on this sub-forum, it is disappointing and yet I find it understandable. I've been a songwriter for more than 50 years, have always enjoyed the process and have had a modicum of success. But, I'm reluctant to offer comments, criticisms or insights to other songwriters because each person's creativity is so uniquely personal. I don't feel that my writing process and the genres that I tend to inhabit would be relatable to most others so I seldom comment, but I do visit this sub-forum and read all of the new posts here regularly.

Keep on writing!!

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's
I'm doing it just to have more space to upload my... uh... "creations". We've already determined that mass-appeal is not in the cards here, which is fine.

chulaivet1966

Friend of Leo's
As for the dearth of participation on this sub-forum, it is disappointing and yet I find it understandable. I've been a songwriter for more than 50 years, have always enjoyed the process and have had a modicum of success. But, I'm reluctant to offer comments, criticisms or insights to other songwriters because each person's creativity is so uniquely personal. I don't feel that my writing process and the genres that I tend to inhabit would be relatable to most others so I seldom comment, but I do visit this sub-forum and read all of the new posts here regularly. Keep on writing!!

Areed....

Obviously, not a whole lot of song writers out there or they're just unwilling to chime in, contribute or post up their songs.
It takes some amount of confidence to post our originals for others to comment on.
Unlike yourself, I've not had any 'success' but I don't really promote myself to any degree.
If I think a song is ready for my peers ears then I'll throw it up and see what happens.
I don't write pop or love songs.....hence, I don't have what one may refer to as a fan base and likely never will. :)
But, that's not why I write songs.

Yes...song writing is a very personal endeavor.
I, also, check this forum daily to see what's new.
If I think a song has some musical merit I'm happy to give some positive comments to the writer.
If I think a song needs lots of work...needs to be re-recorded or re-written I won't say anything.
If it's a well written song (even if it's not a genre I care for) and just needs a mix massage I may chime in and offer some thoughts.

I wish everyone the best in their creative efforts.

Carry on....

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I got it just because for 1) the unlimited uploads and 2) you can replace your track without having to actually delete everything. IOW the description, title, view count, picture, etc. remains when all you wanna do is replace the track.

They had a 1/2 price deal if you pop for the entire year at once. Too good a deal for me to pass up.

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
I got it just because for 1) the unlimited uploads and 2) you can replace your track without having to actually delete everything. IOW the description, title, view count, picture, etc. remains when all you wanna do is replace the track.

They had a 1/2 price deal if you pop for the entire year at once. Too good a deal for me to pass up.

Does the SoundCloud Pro offer anything that you don't get from bandcamp? The unlimited uploads and non-destructive track replacement are things that bandcamp offers for free.

BTW- I checked out your bandcamp page. Loved the art/graphics and overall look of the page- really nice! Oh, and your band sounds terrific!! Y'all are tremendously talented and clearly have a musical chemistry that makes each track a joy to listen to. Wish you much success!

klasaine

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Does the SoundCloud Pro offer anything that you don't get from bandcamp? The unlimited uploads and non-destructive track replacement are things that bandcamp offers for free.

BTW- I checked out your bandcamp page. Loved the art/graphics and overall look of the page- really nice! Oh, and your band sounds terrific!! Y'all are tremendously talented and clearly have a musical chemistry that makes each track a joy to listen to. Wish you much success!

Thank you for listening catdaddy!

SC 'Better' than BandCamp - ? No, just different. Bandcamp focuses on selling your music, SoundCloud is more about reach and I find it meshes better with all the other social network stuff - i.e., it embeds easier. Having said that, I really don't care at this point in my life about "reach" or sales:D. Like I said, SC has a 1/2 off pro unlimited sale (6 bucks a month). I thought I'd try it. It was my Black Friday treat to myself.

*SC pro also offers a bunch of discount coupons/codes for music software. Whether one takes advantage of that or not is of course up the user's needs.

Last edited: