Sound hole pickups

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by mattdean4130, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jethro

Jethro Tele-Afflicted

I have a Taylor GS with the ES system, and no matter where I plug it in....at different venues, different PA systems, different amps, or even recorded directly to the board....it still cannot touch the sound I get from the LR Baggs M1A soundhole pickup, at least not as far as an honest and authentic sounding acoustic guitar. Obviously this is a rather subjective opinion, but really I am just comparing authenticity....not necessarily preference or what is more pleasing to the ear.

Personally the best authentic sounding acoustic amplification I have ever heard came from both Neil Young and Jackson Browne....both of which I discovered use the "Trance Audio Amulet" systems. Certainly not what the OP was asking for as it's installed under the bridge plate, but I thought I'd mention it for interest sake

2. weiner71

weiner71 Tele-Meister

Check out Doug Youngs site for pickup comparisons.
    http://www.dougyoungguitar.com/pickuptests/

This is what lead me to the Sunrise. They are steep in price, but you can occasionally find one on the cheap on ebay. I bought a pickup and the stereo preamp for $125 about six months ago.

3. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

I have the Baggs M1A. On it's own, I wasn't that impressed, but with a Baggs Para DI it sounds incredible. Literally night and day.

4. mattdean4130

mattdean4130 Tele-Afflicted

Noooooooooo don't say that! :lol:

All good, we shall see when mine gets here!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.