"Sorry, guys, I can't make it today. . ."

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by Mahnmut26, Apr 16, 2016.

1. johnnyha

johnnyha Tele-Afflicted

Ah c'mon lighten up on this guy I don't think this crosses the threshhold of trollish behaviour, even if it was *obviously* bait. I thought it was pretty damn funny for a 16 year old and responded in kind. In fact I rather enjoyed watching people stroll in here and get righteously upset, same reason I enjoyed that "Indestructible Tele" post even though part of me wanted to have that crazy dude slammed into a brick wall a few times. This was a nice break after spending all day looking at 5E3 build threads.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    BorderRadio and overlock like this.
  2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

When Bandmates do that to me, they quickly become Ex-Bandmates.

Seriously.

~ST

tery likes this.
  3. overlock

overlock Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, give the kid a break. He wasn't maliciously trolling, just having a bit of fun.

johnnyha likes this.
  4. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

....... I wouldn't tolerate it .

5. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Blacklist is such an over-rated show. In fact I'd go so far as to say James Spader is an over-rated actor, who hasn't done anything decent since Stargate, and he was pretty lame in that.

I'd rather watch that show with the chick with the tattoos all over her body.

johnnyha likes this.
  6. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

I think the OP got the TV priority back to front, as Dr Strangelove would definitely be worth missing some rehearsal time.

johnnyha likes this.
  7. RedRock

RedRock Tele-Holic

So you like trolls?
    Is that a vote for diversity?

:)

8. rambleon

rambleon Tele-Meister

If OP was my bandmate, I'd casually start posting on CL to see who else was out there. Skipping practice for frivolous reasons equals disrespect for your bandmates.

9. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's

`Veronica would never do that!

johnnyha likes this.
  10. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

I'd fire you, unless you owned the PA.

johnnyha likes this.
  11. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

To your credit, The Blacklist is a pretty good show with a smokin' hot lead, so I get it.

johnnyha likes this.
  12. srinivassa

srinivassa Tele-Meister

Santanu? Is that you?

...just kidding. That guy was the worst. It didn't have to even be music with that guy. You could make any kind of plans, and he'd be 45 minutes late because he was watching "Road Rules." I don't think I could have handled him as a regular band member. I still remember the coffee house gig he bailed on because the coffee house never existed in the first place. He just made it up? I was never clear on wtf he was thinking, but we jammed a few times to prepare for this, and his roommate told me when I showed up at his place that the coffee house "never existed."

johnnyha likes this.
  13. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Cool. You made up a story and got some negative responses, and then you changed your story.

So, why should we believe that you're actually in a band? :)

mitchfinck, Blue Bill and RedRock like this.
  14. Picko

Picko TDPRI Member

I'd have fired you for your poor taste in TV and movies.

johnnyha likes this.
  15. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

It is 9:30 Sunday morning (my only day off). You are wasting my time with fictional blah blah blah?
    That IS trolling and ********.
    Oh yeah, 16 years old... not old enough to know better.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  16. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

OP, I'm believing your first post and you are beyond fired.

And if you were kidding on the first post you're still fired for being full of BS.

A bunch of BS I wouldn't deal with in a million years.

nontiveros86 likes this.
  17. Mahnmut26

Mahnmut26 Tele-Meister

To whom it may concern,
    I began this thread in order to share lighthearted stories about dumb reasons for missing rehearsals. People reacted harshly, then upon finding out that I was joking tried to cover themselves by calling me a troll and a liar, etc.
    In reference to my having said I was completely serious, I've learned the hard way that sarcasm in
    writing cannot be heard.
    This has cast a shadow over my whole experience on this forum, so this will be my last post, as I plan to delete my account when I am done posting this. I'll retreat now with whatever shred of dignity you and your overreactions have left me. However, I have had some fun on this site, and I do thank you for that. Now, though, I bid you all adieu. I know when I'm not wanted.
    Sincerely,
    Mahnmut26

Flat6Driver likes this.
  18. Orphu13

Orphu13 Former Member

Well, dangit. I had written the following, and was about to post it when OP showed me his last post. I guess it bothered him more than I'd realized, but we talked about it now (including his own pretty harsh reaction), and seem to have found some perspective. C'est la vie, eh? Anyway, my two cents woulda been,

Wow.
    Several posts here start with "Do you expect me to believe...?" Well, I don't expect anyone to believe anything, but I do want to try to say it... I can say unequivocally that the OP had NO intention of baiting or trolling anyone here. I'm his dad, and when I happened to see a thread he'd started I thought 'cool', and opened it up. Since I know him I knew right off that he was trying to start a fun little discussion about, as he put it, 'stupid' reasons for missing practice, but when I read the OP I thought 'uh-oh', because, having put my own foot in it on forums before, I knew it wasn't gonna go well because of how he'd phrased everything. He was genuinely surprised by, and then understood, the reactions, but when he then tried to say 'Hold on, I'm not really that undedicated' (he's anything but) it only made things worse, so he just gave up and felt crappy about the whole thing.
    The last thing the OP wants in situations like these is for his dad to step in and try to fix stuff, but he didn't really object this time when I said "I can't fix anything, but the responses have become so personal that I'd like to say something..."
    Anyway, it's been a learning experience for Neil, probably not a bad one in the long run. This is my last post on these forums, in some small part because if he decides to stick it out here I don't want him to have to carry the shadow of "this guy's dad's always lurking about." Overall my time here has been highly positive, so thank you, and best wishes.

(back to present time) Obviously he didn't decide to stick it out here, but I kind of wish he would have because he really liked it here, so thank you all for that, and a special thanks to all those who were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this thread. Life goes on...

Flat6Driver likes this.
  19. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Former band was full of excuses like that, and waiting in for parcel delivery, feeling a bit poorly. I miss one rehearsal, ONE!, due to dislocating my knee and I'm the pariah. Hence, former band.
    I'd be the one with murder in my eyes as I no longer drive and rely on taxis. The number of times I'd turn up to find our four piece was a trio ( usually the drummer ), the singer couldn't be bothered going over tunes until we got them right ( it won't be alright on the night buddy ) or Mr.Bass followed Glenn Fricker's rule.
    Penultimate straw for me was booked to record a demo and it was just the singer and myself. Final straw was turning out on a vile winters night. Singer and self only. We'd sacked the drummer and had begun using a drum machine. We'd got good again. Mr.Bass, who had the possession of the drum machine didn't show. His excuse?, shoulder trouble. Real reason?, Breaking Bad was on.
    Oh, I appear to have ranted :)

20. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Hey @Mahnmut26 no bad blood, this is kind of a 'big city' forum -- people gonna walk all over you unless you pick up the pace and keep your nose clean. Come back anytime, don't think anyone with an opinion has it out for ya. If rabble-rousing was your aim, or you did in fact dip out on rehearsal (and still 'win'), then I think its understood you're learning. Anyone who isn't doing that, no matter their age, isn't really using it right.

ringodingo and johnnyha like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.