1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sorel day (deep freeze content)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Boubou, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Ben Bishop

Ben Bishop Tele-Meister

I'm in Winnipeg right now. Just visiting, although I lived here for thirty years. Even in Canada it's known as Winterpeg. It was close to -30c when I pulled in a couple of days ago. I'm sorry, kids, but windchill is whining. You're allowed to say that there was a stiff wind. Man up. And there's no black ice. Just 'cause you didn't see it doesn't mean that it was invisible. And make sure those Sorel insides get dry overnight.

2. Starrman44

Starrman44 Tele-Afflicted

Moon Boots!! :lol: I haven't heard that in a while. I was just thinking about them last week.

I grew up in Palmer, but we drove had friends in Tok and Fairbanks, Yukon, etc. Got a pair of moon boots every winter.

3. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

Yeah, when I was a kid, windchill factor did not exist.

Now , Ms Boubou always talks about temperature with the windchill factored in, I find it annoying, give me the temperature , that's all

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

4. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm jealous. I like to go camping when the temperature dips below -30. That hasn't happened in years.

5. cherokee jim

cherokee jim Banned

I used to maintenance heavy equip for a bridge contractor.To say I got cold some days is an understatement.At night when I'd hit the hotel my feet and fingers would burn like fire.When we hit Kearny Neb i said screw this and bought me some real boots at cabelas.Worth every penny.
    [​IMG]Now if I could find me some equally warm gloves.Getting old sucks.

6. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

These are fabulous !

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/icemantm-black-pac-boots-22160.html

I also have a pair of military black bunny (or MM) boots when it's above zero. They are not so clumsy for hunting/walking use.

The military extreme cold weather (white ones) are something else too ! Just don't try to drive a small car with a standard trans in it, you'll be pushing all three pedals at once ! :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.