SONGS YOU REALLY LIKE THAT ARE COMPLETELY OUTSIDE OF YOUR NORMAL TASTE.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
"guilty pleasure" presupposes the sense of guilt

when I was in high school, we all listened to Van Halen, AC/DC, and Sabbath

they were benchmarks

so it was HIGHLY suspicious to like this:

but I did anyway

when they both start playing together at the same time, it was kinda thrilling

and it still is

so there

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I kinda missed the "shoegaze" era bands. Probably heard a few tracks on radio now and then or the band names mentioned, but I wasn't doing much clubbing in those days.
One song I heard that I remembered , though I kept forgetting the name and had to search for it was Vapour Trail by Ride...

Following up on that track I looked at some more of those era bands..

I've been playing these two tracks a lot...

Twisterella..by Ride and Head On.. by Jesus and Mary Chain.

Great uncomplicated guitar sounds, good beats.... what's not to like ;)

I wish I was at this Brixton show

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
I have no guilty pleasures, I like what I like. I'll rep artists as diverse as My Dying Bride, Casiopea, Robin Trower, Smashing Pumpkins and Augustus Pablo, no problem.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'm pretty open to a wide variety of songs, so it's difficult to say something's outside my 'normal' taste. I like rock, rock 'n roll, classic rock, alternative, new wave, pop rock, disco, rap, country, r 'n b, hip hop, classical.... about the only thing I don't care for is bro country or country rap, simply awful. Not one single song I've heard that comes from any of that ilk that I like.

TimmyM

Tele-Meister
Like many have mentioned here, I too like so many different genres of music and I listen to almost everything. I would say I tend to not care much for 70’s Disco (although there are certainly some good catchy songs within that genre), most Rap (again, with some exception), and extremely hard types of metal (which I can’t honestly think of a good qualifying song)...also, I can’t wrap my head around stylistic Jazz, I’ll listen to it but I don’t get it. I guess I’d really have to say that my guilty pleasure is Celtic music and cello, I love the haunting sound of a cello. My wife and I were watching that new TV show “old man” with Jeff Bridges and I was commenting on the cello in the soundtrack music.

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Afflicted
What's my 'normal taste'? I either like it or I don't, no matter the genre.

This just seems like an "Oh look, I'm quirky" post.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
They're often called "guilty pleasure" songs.
I've found over the years when talking to people about music, whether musicians or not that most people have a song they love that is completely outside/left field of their general taste in music.

I've found a somewhat cheap thrill in finding out these "guilty pleasures".
Being music obsessed I've had more conversations with other people about music than any other subject and the majority of them can get pretty intense, such is the nature of music.

Quite often, I'll guide the subject towards "guilty pleasures".
I've found some great ones, for example my Death Metal/shred obsessed pal has a serious soft spot for Abba's "S.O.S.". It took a few bottles of Brown Ale and a jazz woodbine or two before he told me. I nearly fell off my chair.

Anyway here's mine (no guitars whatsoever), feel free to reveal yours.

Barry Manilow had some really nice compositions.

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
"Your Love Is A Drug" by Puffy AmiYumi, which seems to have been completely eradicated from YouTube, so here it is on SoundCloud...