SONGS YOU REALLY LIKE THAT ARE COMPLETELY OUTSIDE OF YOUR NORMAL TASTE.

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
They're often called "guilty pleasure" songs.
I've found over the years when talking to people about music, whether musicians or not that most people have a song they love that is completely outside/left field of their general taste in music.

I've found a somewhat cheap thrill in finding out these "guilty pleasures".
Being music obsessed I've had more conversations with other people about music than any other subject and the majority of them can get pretty intense, such is the nature of music.

Quite often, I'll guide the subject towards "guilty pleasures".
I've found some great ones, for example my Death Metal/shred obsessed pal has a serious soft spot for Abba's "S.O.S.". It took a few bottles of Brown Ale and a jazz woodbine or two before he told me. I nearly fell off my chair.

Anyway here's mine (no guitars whatsoever), feel free to reveal yours.

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
They're often called "guilty pleasure" songs.
I've found over the years when talking to people about music, whether musicians or not that most people have a song they love that is completely outside/left field of their general taste in music.

I've found a somewhat cheap thrill in finding out these "guilty pleasures".
Being music obsessed I've had more conversations with other people about music than any other subject and the majority of them can get pretty intense, such is the nature of music.
For this exact reason, I don't have many conversations about music. I like a wide variety of stuff. I see merits in a lot of things. I do find there's things I don't like...specific songs in my preferred genres (rock, blues, country, americana) or artists. Some people take it as an insult you don't like what they like so a rarely engage in that kind of thing even herein.

Good pick on your guilty pleasure. .maybe.15 years ago I heard an extended.version of that song. Cannot find it online. I was listening to this version on YouTube and my wife asked me if there was something I needed to tell.her. yeah, I think it sounds cool.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Not just one song. A poolside DJ played a dozen songs that were all remakes of classic rock songs into dance songs (approaching techno, but enough to be called techno). I pulled out my phone and tapped out 130 BPM. They weren't samples, but the remakes were remarkably close, and well done (very smooth and wonderfully produced). I wish I had asked what he was playing. I remember Santana, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Duran Duran (not a stretch), and Toto. I may have to do a google search.

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
While I understand the use of the term, I don't feel "guilty" for any music I like. If it sounds good to my ear holes, it's good and I'll admit it.

I like some Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, and Lady Gaga. I like a lot of old school rap and hip hop. Also like Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys. Buddy Holly, Sam Cooke, Townes Van Zandt. My bread and butter is Sabbath, Lizzy, GnR.

I celebrate all good music.

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's

Nice song,
My teenage daughter was agahst when I brought home a CD single (remember those) of this KP song (below) and realised I hadn't bought it as a present for her but had instead bought it for my own listening pleasure,
I even do my own acoustic version at open mics, I'd love to try a pop-punk version.

Engine Swap

Friend of Leo's
I love a few tunes by Bach (Suite 1 in G Major, Harpsichord Concerto No. 5 in F minor, etc) despite classical being outside my usual remit.

When I was younger (40s lol!), I abhorred classical music. I gradually discovered 20 Century composers and a whole new world opened up.