Songs That Can Bring A Tear To Your Eye

O- Fender

Friend of Leo's
Lucinda Williams "Sweet Old World "
Tom Waits "Georgia Lee"
Johnny Cash "We'll Meet Again ". Sad to me, it's my mom's favourite song by her favourite singer. Released the year she died.

The Pretenders version of "Creep ". Something in Chrissy's voice when she sings the line "You're so f---ing special "

One overlooked version:

A recent discovery for me:

I could go all day with this, given my mood lately.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'm pretty much a crooner at heart, and the lone member of my troupe. At least a dozen of the songs on my humble playlist took lots of reps, learning them, before I could get through them without choking up. Two that most stand out in my mind right now are "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and "Desperadoes Waiting For a Train". "Bobby McGee" still nails me once in a while when I come to trading all my tomorrows. . . .

Cool thread.

Fuelish

Tele-Afflicted
foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
For me, two stand out: "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones and "Back on the Chain Gang" by The Pretenders.
Which songs "really get to you"?
Probably too many to mention, but two I can't sing and play along to without crying would be For No One - The Beatles, and '39 - Queen ....heartbreakers

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
"It Makes No Difference" - The Band (This version below). When Danko gets to the part "Well, I love you so much. It's all I can do" it's instant goosebumps and misty eyes. Not sure why, his voice and the song just hit me.

Someones always cutting onions in my house when I get to that part

Last edited:

wacolo

Tele-Afflicted
Many have covered this but this is the original version and easily my favorite.

An instrumental

And some Doris Day

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's

He wrote this for his daughter. We lost a son back in 2020. As a musician I really submerged myself in music. So while it doesn’t exactly fit. Gender and the general path that life takes for men/women. But the general basis of the song really rang through. While they aren’t there. Sometimes they are the only thing keeping us from loosing hope.

often thought of redoing it (just for myself) from a loss of a son perspective. But figured that would take away from the original beauty of the song.

always felt a strong connection to the bridge when the other vocalist steps in. He’s more of the “Jason Alden” kinda guy we like to make fun of. With his Bret Michaels rolled up cowboy hat. But something about his voice, the power, the emotion. Always gave me comfort.

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
Most certainly Seagull by Bad Company. Recently acquired this album when I helped my grandmother downsize, and it seemed like the perfect way to close the record.