Songs That Can Bring A Tear To Your Eye

srblue5

Tele-Holic

Lately, these two songs have been making me misty-eyed. “Waiting On A Friend” — in light of Charlie Watts’ passing, seeing Mick and Keith embrace like that feels so touching to me like they’re really brothers underneath all the rancour (even if it is contrived for video purposes). As for “Hey Jude”, some of the lyrics make more sense to me now given my own circumstances and reflecting on how Paul maybe subconsciously wrote this one about John himself. Not to mention the lead up to the final section that still gives me goosebumps.

There are many that bring a tear to my eye. I must cry a lot. :lol::cry:

Silent Otto

Tele-Holic
Why, this very morning, I was thinking along the same lines, while listening to Oh Susanna, one Suzie Ungerleider, brings a tear everytime.

fleezinator

Tele-Meister
The whole house was quiet & I was working late in that weird half asleep state when I heard this song for the first time. No idea what it was about or who the artist was but I loved the sparseness of the piano & spacious reverb on her voice. Hit me in the feels for sure

Addnine

Tele-Holic
"Bird on a Wire" Many versions. Rita Coolidge's is very good.

I'll also second "Somewhere over the Rainbow." I play that all the time. I love the way note two floats a perfect octave above note one. My two favorite musical things are big intervals and added nines (mu chords, added 2's: whatever)/sus 2's . I sprinkle those through my version of "Rainbow," along with pretty much everything else I play. Major 7's are a little TOO pretty and a little corny. A chacun son gout.

Last edited: