Songs That Can Bring A Tear To Your Eye

Mark E Rhodes

Tele-Meister
"It Makes No Difference" - The Band (This version below). When Danko gets to the part "Well, I love you so much. It's all I can do" it's instant goosebumps and misty eyes. Not sure why, his voice and the song just hit me.

O, yes, same here. Rick has that "high lonesome" in his voice at times and this one really gets to me. I think his vocal is much better than the lyric. (I don't think the lyric is bad but there is something in his voice you respond to far beyond the words he is saying---as a politician might put it, you feel his pain.)

CJM3309

Tele-Holic
O, yes, same here. Rick has that "high lonesome" in his voice at times and this one really gets to me. I think his vocal is much better than the lyric. (I don't think the lyric is bad but there is something in his voice you respond to far beyond the words he is saying---as a politician might put it, you feel his pain.)

Yes! It's that borderline strain/cracking in his voice that does it. You can feel it

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Jets to Brazil - Four Cornered Night.

I never make it through the whole album but the song where I fall to bits can vary... it always more than 'a tear' too. Usually starts around track 5 'In the summer's when you really know' and by the time I get to the final track 'All things good and nice' I'm usually pretty much a sobbing mess.

tonytrout

Friend of Leo's
Three songs:

Of course, Geroge Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today":

Elvis's version of "Always On My Mind" from the March 27-29, 1972 sessions in Hollywood, CA:

And: Rascall Flatts' "What Hurts The Most" (I cry nearly every time I hear this one because I and my former fiance' (who's now sadly deceased) were going to get married but...due to reasons I can't disclose here (PM me if you wish to know), she and I didn't get married. Cancer wound up taking her life a couple of years ago. She was only 61.

tenthstreet

Tele-Meister
Joe Walsh’s Song for Emma, about the death of his almost three-year-old daughter in a car crash:

There's a feeling I get when I look to the sky
As if someone is watching,
Someone hears every word.

We are filled with regrets, it was such a short time,
But we told Him we loved you, hoping somehow He heard.
We hoped He heard.

You were with us for a while and He took you,
and He made your mama cry.
I can see it in her eyes, there's a question as to why.
And after all this time still I find that I'm without an answer.
Good Bye. Bye love.

The whole story is heartbreaking. Joe ended up placing a water foundation in her name at a park where she apparently couldn’t reach the fountain. Years later, Joe showed it to Stevie Nicks, who then wrote Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You.

Last edited: