Songs I never want to hear again.....

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
Not this one!

This is one of those songs that's so abysmally bad, it's hilarious. I turn it up whenever it comes on.

This is one of those songs that's so bad it's practically a crime against humanity.

As a kid, I was stymied by the line "they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar and say man, what are you doing here". I had never heard the word "bread" used as a slang term for money, so I pictured Billy Joel playing piano with a jar full of dinner rolls on top of it. I assumed he ate them because he was a broke musician. I like my version of the song much better than the actual one.

Ha. Funny. I personally love that Floyd track—seriously. But I can see that it ain’t everyone’s cup o’ tea.

As for the piano man, nowadays ol’ Billie looks like he might need to lay off the garlic knots, but then again he doesn’t need tips anymore. 🤣 There are Billie Joel songs I like, and he is undeniably talented and skilled, but I never slap him in the CD player or queue up any Billie in my playlists. Never have. Just not really my style. He just comes off a little cheesy for me. It’s a similar thing with Springsteen. I concede he’s written some pretty good songs, and a time or two he’s surprised me when I see him on TV or something, but overall—nah. Just not my kind of music.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
I am fortunate enough to have not heard this thing deployed in anger at a live crowd. So sorry I had to post this…

Ok, now I need to kick a puppy through a woodchipper….

Last edited:

Mindthebull

Tele-Meister
I am fortunate enough to have not heard this thing deployed in anger at a live crowd. So sorry I had to post this…

Ok, now I need to kick a puppy through a woodchipper….

Holy crap I just had flashbacks. I briefly played bass with a group that introduced a cover of this piece of junk. I left the next day and just never went back.

I also have an irrational hatred of Blue Rodeo from playing with the same group. There is so much hero worship for them here in Canada, but I just find them … meh. Never could listen to more than one or two of their songs.

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
I can't stand Chris Stapleton, particularly the song "Tennessee Whiskey". The worst part is every male singer in my area under 50 tries to imitative that nasally, stupid whiny voice. The song now seems to be a staple of every bar band over the past couple years.

I like the George Jones and James Taylor versions of Tennessee Whiskey. One night at a gig a young lady came up to me and requested the song, which we do. "I said sure, the George Jones song". She looked at me like I was from another planet, wrinkled her nose and said "no, the Chris Stapleton song". I didn't pass the request on to our bass player who sings the tune, and we didn't do it that night. I didn't care for Stapleton before that but I hated him after.