Songs full of "whoah oh whoah oh whoah oh oh whoah..."

Terrygh1949

Tele-Meister
Let me be frank: I can't stand this crap.

You know what I'm talking about, right? Songs that fill every available space with inane vocalizations. Usually it's "whoah oh whoah oh oh...whoah oh oh oh" or some idiotic variation on that. It typically sounds like there's several people vocalizing this pap.

I think it's a fairly recent development in "pop music," and seems to be the signature sound of music favored by millennials. All I can figure is that they couldn't come up with lyrics to fill the space, nor could they come up with interesting musical fills.

I can't think of any specific song to give as an example because I'm not lame enough to actually seek this crap out. However, I was was just subjected to about an hour of this garbage at work the other day and I had to vent.

Is it just me, or does this annoy anyone else?
Amen. Couldn't agree more. There are some songs that have this or something like it and, a little goes a LONG way!!!

Mr Mojo 54

TDPRI Member

You know what I'm talking about, right? Songs that fill every available space with inane vocalizations. Usually it's "whoah oh whoah oh oh...whoah oh oh oh" or some idiotic variation on that. It typically sounds like there's several people vocalizing this pap.

I think it's a fairly recent development in "pop music," and seems to be the signature sound of music favored by millennials. All I can figure is that they couldn't come up with lyrics to fill the space, nor could they come up with interesting musical fills.

I can't think of any specific song to give as an example because I'm not lame enough to actually seek this crap out. However, I was was just subjected to about an hour of this garbage at work the other day and I had to vent.

I can't stand it either. I call it caterwauling. Women are the worst. Sing the damn song without the histrionic effection. Sometimes it's a cover for an otherwise lack of talent. I just try to avoid it.

Arfage

Tele-Meister

Yes I hate that. The bands with eight twenty year old male and female singers dressed like the '30s, little hats, that sing "woah, oh oh oh oh" in unison? I was hoping they'd be gone by now.

Inkman66

TDPRI Member
Great analysis. I think the Indy Girl Voice affectation is far worse. Put the two together and I puke.
Is that like the thing Christine Aguilera does at the end of every song? I used to think she was gonna be the next best thing, 'till I realized she does it...every..single..time. Now I can't stand to listen to her.

leray1

TDPRI Member

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic

Boom!:lol:

BlueGillGreg

Tele-Meister
I actually kind of LIKE Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen and Suzanne Vega. In fact my High School students are really into Tom's Diner right now. They sound good performing it, too.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I realise the original post may have been sent a little 'tongue in cheek' but.....

Chill out, guys. If you don't like it, tune it out. Personally I cannot abide opera, so...... I just don't listen to it. but I understand there are folks out there who live and breathe opera.

By the way, is anyone seriously going to disrespect 'The Great Gig in the Sky'? C'mon!!

Just saying.
Yeah, trouble is that it's so pervasive. Go into any store that plays music and you'll hear it whether you want to or not.

And, incidentally, I thought "The Great Gig" cut was a bit overdone at the time. After 30 seconds I had enough of it.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Does ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooooho count in this thread? If so, here's another one. At least it's supposed to be a feeling being communicated poetically in this song:

Volcanicash01

TDPRI Member

I agree with you about crap modern ‘music’ you talk about,but don’t forget the doo wop she bops and the whoa whoa yay yay’s of Bobby Vee, and the doo lang doo langs of the Chiffons, the wop bop alubops of Little Richard, the yeah yeah yeah yeahs of the Fab Four.
I grew up in this era. Our parents said the very same things. Just saying.

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I agree with you about crap modern ‘music’ you talk about,but don’t forget the doo wop she bops and the whoa whoa yay yay’s of Bobby Vee, and the doo lang doo langs of the Chiffons, the wop bop alubops of Little Richard, the yeah yeah yeah yeahs of the Fab Four.
I grew up in this era. Our parents said the very same things. Just saying.
That stuff doesn't seem nearly as lame as what's being done in "pop music" now.