Songs for the Acoustic jam?

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
We have a list of tunes...but nobody follows it. There's one guy who sings three-chord country...and usually in G or D, easy to follow.

LOL, we sometimes move indoors to a bar. "Wagon Wheel" has to be played there as the owner loves to sing it. I use the time to work the neck, finding chord inversions, etc. Keeps the bile down. 🤢

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
A Friend of the Devil
U.S. Blues
Angle From Montgomery
I Feel Lucky
Desperados Waiting For A Train
Illegal Smile

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
God, no. Just shoot me now!

Actually, there's a certain trance aspect. Though I refuse to sing along ("Rock me, Mama, like a wagon wheel, rock me, Mama, anyway you feel"?! Puh-leez!), it's good for noodling over because it plays itself.
We DID play WW, because I was demonstrating how the harmonica worked with it. Or could work. We really only played half.

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Can't you see is always a fun one. We end with that and get really carried away with the chorus. Even if you can't sing this still works.

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
Went to a jam today at a guy's house. It was fun, low key, etc. Only two people could/would sing, which I find annoying, but oh well. We discussed what kinds of stuff we should bring for next time. On one hand there's what I came to play...sort of an in home open mic....Stuff with weird chord changes or specifics that don't lend themselves to community jamming. On the other is (easy?) stuff that one person leads and everyone takes a verse or chorus to solo or do auditory damage. ;)

For the latter, what do you all bring to a jam when you'd planned to do something else? Blues sometimes works, if you can keep a good rhythm (ie, stuff you normally play with the full band). We didn't do Knockin on Heaven's Door (this time) but some other stuff like I know you rider, Simple Man, Down by the River, etc.

Tell me what you bring to these...
This is a serious answer. 30 years ago two of my friends and I got an acoustic group together and this is what we played. We could (sort of) reproduce the entire album
Now, one has died and the other is in Memory Care. I’m the only one left standing…I still remember the chords.
Whatever you play enjoy every damned second.

491C76B6-4CAA-40AA-BD4B-925E185A9E7F.jpeg

Last edited: