Songs by a "Super Group" for lack of a better name.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Heres a great version of Will the Circle...

Its from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and starts off with Johnny Cash. Levon Helm and Roy Acuff are both here as is Emmie Lou Harris and Ricky Scags. There are so many country royalty in this video I have to wonder how they all got together at the same time.

This is my favorite version of this song.

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
Blind Faith is/was the first, and foremost, “supergroup“ in my mind.
I wore out 2-3 LPs and countless cassettes. I just realized I need another copy because there is nothing in my current collection (CDs and downloads) and a long, long time since I’ve listened to Blind Faith

Rustbucket

Poster Extraordinaire
The list of “Supergroups” on Wikipedia is exhausting. I think the term gets thrown around a bit too loosely. There should be at least 3 members who are well established as an individual artist/musician before earning that distinction IMO.

For example is Audioslave. They were great, but Band A swapping lead singers with Band B does not all of a sudden transform them into a Supergroup.

acoustic rob

Tele-Holic
The group that recorded Kind of Blue. Miles Davis and John Coltrane are legends, Bill Evans and Cannonball Adderley are great (and died too young), and the rhythm section of Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb backed Wayne Shorter on his debut.

And then five years later Miles put together *another* supergroup with Herbie Hancock and--him again!--Wayne Shorter.

Short on cash

Tele-Meister
Blindfaith.....it's been mentioned here but I will add that if you
haven't heard it you don't know what you are missing.
One of my favorites and I still listen to it from time to time.

Do What You Like.....great tune.

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
I know there are bands, even one time events, that are made up of mostly famous musicians.

So here is my super group song. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, and Jeff Lyne. Someone comes in at the end, another famous guy who is simply put a first class act, showman extrordinaire, and knows his way around a guitar. You have to watch the vieo to find out who it is but trust me, you know him.

Notice how happy Georges son is. I would be too.

Have any? Please post them.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, Prince owns this.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Not everyone's definition of a supergroup, but it fits mine.

Electronic
Bernard Sumner - Joy Division, New Order

Johnny Marr - The Smiths, The The, Pretenders, Bryan Ferry, Modest Mouse

Neil Tennant - Pet Shop Boys

100% agree. I wore that album out and several songs are still on my usual playlists

Like this one. Classic Marr, esp 2:28 or so