1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sonar LE help

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by fakeocaster, Jan 8, 2012.

1. fakeocaster

fakeocaster Tele-Afflicted

Ive started using this recently but encountered a problem to day.I can record tracks and hear them when I play back the recording but not as I play.Im sure there Ive selected some option I didnt intend.

Anyone able to advise?

2. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Each track has a place to assign input as well as output. Looking at mine, input on each track is set on my studio GT monitors as my USB interface is built into the right side monitor. Also each track currently is set on "Master" as a choice for output. I can plug straight into the interface and hear my drum machine or my guitar coming out of my monitors as soon as I arm the track for recording. I'm learning this software as well, maybe I can help. Took me 5 hours to figure out how to change the tempo on the metronome. Lots of the features on Sonar LE are hidden I have discovered. The help boxes will explain how to do most things, but you can't find the areas to preform those task. Like help box kept saying access the metronome tool bar to adjust the tempo. That tool bar was not anywhere to be found. Finally I right clicked in an area of the main tool bar where nothing else was located and bam! There it was, popped up and was there just like they said. The famous Metronome tool bar along with several other tool bars I might use in the future.

Jeffro

3. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Well, did you get it fixed?

4. fakeocaster

Not yet thanks.Due to the time differance Im just home from work.Ill check later.thanks

5. fakeocaster

Well thats better

It wasnt a software problem after all.My audio interface has a number of dip switches and id foolishly knocked one out of position

6. J Lacey

J Lacey Tele-Holic

Good deal................glad you figured it out

Jeffro

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.