Something that even Keef would snort at?

Slip Kid

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I kind of like the look of the black finish on the top and the rest of it blonde. I’m not into the Keith artwork on it, though. Why someone would do that to an otherwise desirable and valuable instrument baffles me. There are plenty of cheap Teles out that to get artsy with. I don’t think that’s worth anywhere near $50k!

Wildeman

Tele-Holic
About 37k overpriced in my book. I think its damn cool btw, as a refin Tele.

bumnote

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
This is the rare case where refinishing vintage guitar would add to it's value....
This thing has been for sale a long time, I saw this Tele on a YT video where the host goes thru the most ridiculous Reverb listings he can find.

John Frets

Tele-Meister
I just don’t get it. My first reaction was that it was a joke or some kind of parody. I see that it’s been listed on Reverb for six years.

marshman

Poster Extraordinaire
I noticed the 6-year-old nature of the listing. I also noticed that the seller has 4 other listings, and the cheapest guitar he's selling goes for about 3x his Steinway grand piano.

This album came out in 1988, so that's probably what his fingers looked like then.

I also think it looks pretty cool, as unique finishes go. Does seem a shame on an actual '52 tele, but if the top was wrecked already anyway, c'est la vie.

GoldDeluxe5E3

Tele-Afflicted
$50 Grand? I prefer this one:

images

Or, you could just get a Stones party pack for $9.99:
stonespartypack.jpg