something new for me

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
today i decided to smoke a 15lb brisket on the BBQ , first time for this on the grill , I prepped the meat last night did the secret recipe rub ( not really ) let it sit overnight covered in the fridge and placed it on the BBQ at 225 Degrees at 08:00 AM with apple wood chunks for the smoke , which is smelling outstanding at present , lets hope I do this correctly.
I've been watching youtube vids on the subject for 2 days now , it always sound more difficult that what it is , you know the common sense thing, its all logical ( I love the smell of smoke on the BBQ. MMMMM.....

Last edited:

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Did ya take out a loan to buy the brisket? :cool: Last one I cooked took about 15 hours to be just right. I wrap mine and let them sit for a while after I take them out of the smoker. Sniff sniff I can almost smell it right now....obligatory photos please...lol.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
3hrs in ,
notice the outer venturies on high , the 2 insde venturies on low, middle off= temp is perfect 225 degrees

P1010008.JPG

3 hrs in apple chunks on left smoke box on right , smells outstanding !, notice tin foil on upper rack forces the smoke to cirulate before venting!

P1010009.JPG
P1010010.JPG

as this an experimentation I only put on 1/2 of the brisket , if it works I'm all over it!

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Did ya take out a loan to buy the brisket? :cool: Last one I cooked took about 15 hours to be just right. I wrap mine and let them sit for a while after I take them out of the smoker. Sniff sniff I can almost smell it right now....obligatory photos please...lol.
actually when these are on sale they are really inexpensive , I estimate about 3-5 meals from one in our family so even a larger 20 lb one for 60.00 is cheap

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
And to think, brisket used to be considered “junk” meat fit only for pet food. Until they figured out that it could be cooked slowly to break up the collagens.
Back in the 1980's, when Fajitas started getting really popular (and pricey) around here, a guy I knew, who was in the restaurant business, was very amused at how people would pay "premium" for Fajitas in a restaurant. He said Fajita meat (beef) was generally considered "trash", and barely worth the effort to make palatable.
Times change. ;)

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Oh my! I can’t wait to see its bark!
Ok its out , Baked potatoes , mushroom gravy, corn

and this

so tender we only used forks to eat it with (1/4" slices) if I wasnt so stuffed I could taste the sandwiches tomorrow ! ( insert happy face imoji Here) the crust was darker than indicated by the photos

P1010756.JPG
P1010757.JPG
P1010759.JPG

TC6969

Friend of Leo's
I'm going to have to try that!

I have a similar grill and smoker box.

The tin foil trick is cool, I'll have to remember that one.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
today i decided to smoke a 15lb brisket on the BBQ , first time for this on the grill , I prepped the meat last night did the secret recipe rub ( not really ) let it sit overnight covered in the fridge and placed it on the BBQ at 225 Degrees at 08:00 AM with apple wood chunks for the smoke , which is smelling outstanding at present , lets hope I do this correctly.
I've been watching youtube vids on the subjet for 2 days now , it always sound more difficult that what it is , you know the common sense thing, its all logical ( I love the smell of smoke on the BBQ. MMMMM.....
Yer makin' me hongry!

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
I said I ...feel like makin' lunch
feel like makin' lunch with you.................

there was another thread a couple days ago.. bad company

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
24 Track!

Nice thread man!

I smoked salmon for our Thanksgiving dinner last year.
It came out fantastic!

Once you get past the first time smoked meal, the rest is easy peezy!

I want to try smoking cheese next, oh and bacon!

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
24 Track!

Nice thread man!

I smoked salmon for our Thanksgiving dinner last year.
It came out fantastic!

Once you get past the first time smoked meal, the rest is easy peezy!

I want to try smoking cheese next, oh and bacon!
I had a little chief smoker at one time and did a candied salmon (brown sugar , rock salt, pepper, and some times chili flakes, brine ) then after leaving it in the fridge over night to draw out the moisture and a quick wash then , a lesser brine ( with the chilis added if i wanted a tang) and in to the smoker for about 5 smokes , when i got the first piece in to the house , I had to throw into the kitchen really fast and run like hell , to go get the rest , the ghouls would attack it while I went for rest of it, a horrific sight, very frightening!
i burned that little chief out a few times I had made a 3/4 inch plywood box to put the smoker in , that had a door on it that retained the smoke longer there was a 2 inch gap at the bottom of the door for venting.

I love smoked salmon and or trout , one really neautifull fish to smoke is brook trout ( really a member of the char family , slimy but OMG soooooo good.)

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
on monday I have a new grease pan comming and 4 new enamel ventury covers slightly larger than the ones for the BBQ 16.5" 1nstead of 16" as the present covers tend to slip ( thats why the pan appears on an angle ) < BBQ season is upon us lads and chefettes, post your reations!