Something I miss most about my old Steinberger.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by RevMike, Mar 10, 2017.

1. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

I was over at my friend's place last night. I sold him my old Steinberger a few years back. And sadly he almost never plays it. He handed it to me yesterday and the strings were in tune, but really corroded.

I asked him, "Don't you ever change the strings on this thing?"

His answer, "Not since you sold it to me. I'm scared to pieces of the thing."

I asked him if he had a set laying around, and of course he did, (seeing as how I gave him several sets when I sold it to him). I literally changed the entire set of strings in just under 5 minutes. So easy.

Dang, I really got to get another one of those things!

chemobrain and Felino like this.
  2. dezb1

dezb1 Tele-Holic

Buy it back

3. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

ANd while you are at it, buy him backbone. No man should ever be afraid of his guitar . . .

Jakedog, RevMike, dezb1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Steinberger. They were the bees knees in the eighties and almost everybody owned one, even Eddie Van Halen.
    [​IMG]

Sometime ago I came across one at a guitar fair and I had a go at playing it but I couldn't get used to the fact that the neck just ends. There's no thickness of where the headstock should have been so I constantly was at the wrong position on the neck.

Well I'm sure I could get used to that if I owned one but it was pretty strange.

Check this out.
    http://www.vhnd.com/2016/01/04/eddie-van-halens-5150-steinberger-guitar-restored/

5. Cat MacKinnon

Cat MacKinnon Friend of Leo's

Hey now, I had a Steinberger years ago too and it never scared me! Or Tina Weymouth, for that matter! It's a slightly different bridge design, but there's really nothing about it that isn't straightforward if you just look at it for 30 seconds.

Unless it has a TransTrem that is, in which case...yeah, have fun with that. :lol:

RevMike likes this.
  6. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Mine didn't have a trans trem.

7. Octave Doctor

Octave Doctor Tele-Afflicted

One of the stores I worked at sold the Cort copies. We sold lots of the basses, they were just right weight-wise for smaller people. A few of the guitars went, too. they were OK, but needed better pups. At the time, things had a way of turning back up, so I was keeping an eye out, but neither model Cort ever came back.

RevMike likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.