Something different.

Ronnboy

TDPRI Member
Okay, thought I'd try something that I haven't seen before, well of course the shape is pure Tele but I made the body out of solid mahogany. The neck is also mahogany but the fretboard is maple. I like the slightly darker sound of the mahogany, but can't really get the precise tone of the wood because I used a cheap set of dual rails. Gonna order some push/pull pots, then we'll get a better idea using single coil mode.
mahog tele.jpg

Martian

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Okay, thought I'd try something that I haven't seen before, well of course the shape is pure Tele but I made the body out of solid mahogany. The neck is also mahogany but the fretboard is maple. I like the slightly darker sound of the mahogany, but can't really get the precise tone of the wood because I used a cheap set of dual rails. Gonna order some push/pull pots, then we'll get a better idea using single coil mode. View attachment 923710
Nice

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Aside from folks who will tell you that most of what we hear on our solid body electric guitars IS the pickup, I will say I like my mahogany body too (and have never swapped pups)
:cool:
Peace - Deeve

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
upload_2021-11-30_16-53-13.png

My first tele (July 2008) was a custom order, and my tone wood of choice was solid mahogany. I also opted for a P-90 in the neck position. The neck was amber tinted Birdseye maple. I chose gold hardware to complement the reddish brown hues of the mahogany. To be clear, the specs were my choices, but this is a Logan Custom guitar, made for me by Bob Logan.

BTW, @Ronnboy is your mahogacaster heavy? Mine weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Looks great. Love the natural mahogany color and grain.