1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

SOMEBODY, STOP ME! (don't stop me...)

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by anyone, May 8, 2014.

1. anyone

anyone Tele-Holic

Well... I sorta faked it....
    Before I inlaid the top, I mounted it to an mdf template for backing and routed a binding channel in it. Then I used dowels to ensure proper alignment. Then I filled the channel with gap-filling CA glue and ziricote dust. I think I'd probably use West-Systems epoxy next time though.... sometimes the wood dust makes the CA glue foam and bubble...

Here are the closest pics I could find to show the process:
    [​IMG]IMG_1088 by [email protected], on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_1397 by [email protected], on Flickr

2. XxJoshxX

XxJoshxX Tele-Holic

I just went through your flikr account, and man, that's some impressive work.

3. ModerneGuy

ModerneGuy Tele-Holic

Lovely to see your work back on here Chris. Fantastic as always. The blue one is particularly cool, but I dig the other one too - reminds me one of my favourite Teiscos . Which of course I can't remember the name of...

I've been feeling really guilty about not having done more in the past 18mths - you've inspired me to get back into it. Not that anything I build will be a patch on this sadly.

Cheers

4. anyone

anyone Tele-Holic

Thanks, Josh! I was just wondering about the build you were working on. Then, of course, I had to check your other posts... (haha). You've been up to some pretty darn cool stuff!

Hey Dario! Thanks, man. The inspiration is mutual (and that makes me happy).

Yeah, I'm currently out of building for a bit. Life just filled in and pushed it out... But this time of year always makes me want to build and wonder what's going on around here... Hopefully we'll get back to building soon.
    Cheers!

5. anyone

anyone Tele-Holic

Sometimes posterity ain't pleasant...

Here are some clips to get a general idea of what the ric-sh fiddle sounds like.
    Brace yourselves for noodling so rambling and aimless as to necessitate entrance into the Witness Protection Program....

This one has a Skreddy Lunar Module fuzz on until around 3:00, when I finally turn it off. I think even my camera got bored, as it turned off before I even finished... Really, the good stuff happened right around what I presume must have been the 25 minute mark... really....

Then this one has a Timmy od on most of the time. Unfortunately, the camera didn't have mercy on us this time....

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  6. ItZaLLGooD

ItZaLLGooD Tele-Holic

Nice work, both the build and the tunes

7. anyone

anyone Tele-Holic

Thanks, man!

8. SanchezDano

SanchezDano TDPRI Member

Too fun to hear these, Chris :) You've got the chops, Man.

9. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Excellent!

10. jpbturbo

jpbturbo Tele-Afflicted

Those are absolutely stunning.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.