1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Some pictures of my B&W Bender

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Kingpin, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Just wanted to share some pics of my B&W Bender, built by Bill Warford (RIP) back in 2011.

MJTele body, Musikraft neck, Ron Ellis pickups.

The bender mechanism itself is quite light, stealthy, and pulls like a Parson White style at the strap button. The B string feeds into the ferrule like normal stringing, then up through a metal tube that pokes through a hole cut into the bridge. It gives a fairly sharp break angle over the saddle, but I've had no problems with string breakage once the mechanism was "broken in" (took about a month of playing to smooth some edges).

Adjustable throw length, spring tension and tuning of the bend.
    IMG-0247.JPG IMG-0248.JPG IMG-0250.JPG IMG-0251.JPG IMG-0252.JPG IMG-0253.JPG IMG-0246.JPG

Haytheman, Weeman333, asatfan and 7 others like this.
  2. blackguts

blackguts Tele-Meister

Very nice!

Kingpin likes this.
  3. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

Hey Kingpin, I like your B/W bender a bunch. I have one of them too... I particularly like the fact that it has the slot where the front peg head attaches to the bender lever like the P/W benders do instead of that doofus little lever thing the Glaser benders have down by the neck attachment plate.

Mine is my second most used bender as I bought it to be used tuned down from D to D for some special things so it goes to the gig with me a couple of nights a week... I've had no problems with mine at all and everything works just fine. I also have a Rolling bender on it to raise my 3rd string F to G.......JH in Va. 100_3566.JPG Bender Tele 1.jpg Bender Tele 2.jpg

4. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

I agree, Mr. Hayes, pulling P/W style at the strap button seems intuitively to offer the most natural balance (although I've never tried a Glaser-style, so I'm no expert).

That blue Tele is a beauty!

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Very cool!

Kingpin likes this.
  6. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

The only downside I've had with mine is that my main Tele has a middle pickup and I took the blue guitar to GC to have one installed and found it couldn't be done as the bender mechanism was in the way where it made it impossible to route out a place for a middle pickup......JH in Va.

7. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Nice looking B&W bender, OP & Jerry!!! Sadly, I didn't know that Bill Warford had passed away. :( May he rest in peace.

Is the company still in business under another name or did the shop close completely after his passing?

8. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

9. Weeman333

Weeman333 TDPRI Member

How do they rout the part where the strap lever fulcrum is I wonder? Is that cylindrical rod in the center connected to it? I’m confused, but man they look soo cool! Soo clean

10. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

The center rout is 1 3/8" X 2 1/2" by 1 1/8" deep, if that's what you're asking about (probably done with a router or some cutting tool on a drill press--there are guys here that know a lot more than me about that). The diagonal rout carrying the strap lever wire is probably drilled. The wire is clamped to the pivot mechanism.

The cylindrical rod is unattached to the aluminum pivot. The rod is just a stop to adjust the tuning of the bend.

As to how strap lever pulls on the strap lever wire in the diagonal shaft... dunno!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  11. Weeman333

Weeman333 TDPRI Member

i was talking about the strap lever part. I saw some pictures on his step sons Facebook and it showed the internal parts he had machined to make to make it.

12. BandWBendershop

BandWBendershop NEW MEMBER!

Hi, My name is Steven Powell, Bill Warford the owner of B&W Benders was my stepfather. Before he passed away, I spent several years working with him. If you're interested in a B&W Bender, I have a shop set up and have begun taking orders for single and double benders. I have a Facebook page B&W Benders, but do not have a website set up yet. I look forward to installing a bender for you.

mfguitar and PeterUK like this.
  13. telepicker1986

telepicker1986 NEW MEMBER!

How is the strap lever designed does anyone know

14. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

I do not know how the strap mechanism operates internally (other than it pulls on a rod that sits in a diagonal shaft drilled from the upper strap button down into the rout in the center of the body).

15. gregjhonda

gregjhonda Tele-Meister

16. Lcollins1989

Lcollins1989 TDPRI Member

Just wanted to say thank you Greg!

Finding your photos online led to me being able to build my own DIY B&W style bender in my tele last year!

Thank you again!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.