Some Old TV footage of my band from long ago.

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by musicmatty, Feb 18, 2013.

1. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

We played modern rock and originals. I wrote tunes and the Female singer wrote as well. Here are 2 clips from our TV appearance back in 1995 :eek:
    One of the tunes we played on the show (in the 2nd video clip), was a tune I wrote about my late father called 'Angels By My Side'. We finally recorded that tune in late 2001. I've included the Studio version below as well, for kicks and giggles :neutral:

It's nice to have something to look back on years later, and see some of the Blood sweat and tears of your craft. I'm the one dressed in all black, with a white turtle neck and Black & white Tele. My brother is the Bass player.
    Please share pics and or video clips of your bands thru the years :D

Studio version of 'Angels By My Side/ 2nd tune, is a Tribute song I wrote about Race car Legend Dale Earnhardt just days after he died.'

2. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

This is as old footage as I have, or can find. A promo compilation of my organ trio from a gig in 2005.

3. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Here's a clip of my old band from 1994. I'm the guy with the Tele

This was a broadcast UHF station (remember them?) that used to do community-access sort of stuff. Our bassist knew a guy who had a local music show, so he taped two performances by us for broadcast. This one got turned into this music video later by splicing in additional footage.

The funny part was... the two songs were broadcast several weeks apart. In the interim, the station had gone from whatever community-access format it was before, to home shopping. But the guy with the music show still had his music show for the duration of his contract. So it was like 23.5 hours of home shopping, then a half-hour music program, then six days of nothing but home shopping, then a half-hour music program, etc.

When our second song was broadcast, there was a crawler at the bottom saying "Home shopping will return in 20 minutes". I still have a VHS of that around somewhere but I haven't digitized it yet.

Here's another video from the same year. This was broadcast Boston cable numerous times over the summer of 1994, and people were coming up to me all the time saying "Hey, I saw your band on TV." I guess that was our high point. :D

4. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Those are great clips... you guys have to be proud of your accomplishments! Very humbling to see all this talent that you guys have. Thanks for sharing !

5. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

All good stuff gents! the Dick Clark thing is classic :lol:
    Awesome Strat tone there Trev.

This is from 1991.
    It was a steady sat. pm for about 18 months. Gorky's, dntn L.A.
    The video sound quality is dubious (camera mic and we played in front of solid, floor to ceiling plate glass on a tile floor. And the videographer was in love w/the singer. Generally great band but tough to tell here ...

6. gionnio

gionnio Tele-Meister

Nice playing all around!

Was Gorky's near the old temporary contemporary? I remember having borscht in a Russian Cafe back in the 80's when I was living in San Diego.

7. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, Gorky's opened in '85(?). Not super close to the TC but basically in the same neighborhood. Technically walking distance but at that time I wouldn't have (at night anyway).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  8. Agitator

Agitator Friend of Leo's

Great stuff, y'all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.