Some of THE most gullible people on earth are on Facebook. Case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
While I'm grateful for stuff like penicillin and modern dentistry etc, I think the price we pay in cancelling evolution is mass numbers of unfit humans consuming resources to a degree that will soon bring us all to extinction.

Like I keep saying to Trixie....'We're' a hop, skip, and a jump, from burning witches.

"If we can put a man on the Moon...why can't we................."

'We' didn't put a man on the Moon. A lot of very talented and smart people put a man on the Moon, but it's quite a stretch to so glibly place one's self among that group.

guitar_paul1

Tele-Afflicted
While I'm grateful for stuff like penicillin and modern dentistry etc, I think the price we pay in cancelling evolution is mass numbers of unfit humans consuming resources to a degree that will soon bring us all to extinction.

Topic drift, but yes.
Fruitflies in a closed jar.

Exponential increase followed by precipitous decline.
Math.

Wallo Tweed

Friend of Leo's
"If we can put a man on the Moon...why can't we................."

'We' didn't put a man on the Moon. A lot of very talented and smart people put a man on the Moon, but it's quite a stretch to so glibly place one's self among that group.
"We" might not have done the actual work, but "We" paid the bill, so yeah "We" put a man on the moon!

Last edited:

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. At least you had to be a kid to fall for this:

My kid buddy was bitterly disappointed by one of these cardboard "subs." When he was in high school he dug the thing out of the garage, threw gasoline on it, and watched it burn.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I don’t do FB much anymore because it’s just bs adds and rerereposted memes. People also get suckered by adding comments on posts like…what goes with milk or other bs. If you don’t know the poster…assume they’re working to get your data. Boomers and gullible people getting preyed upon. When I graduated we had 2 computers in the library and a small classroom for dos. I’m glad I’m not a few years older or I definitely wouldn’t be as savy. Again…don’t reply to posts unless you know the poster. Don’t buy from FB.

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
The funny thing about FB is that if you call someone a "moron", you will get a warning for bullying and if you do it again, your account will be suspended, yet these scams go on forever. Like they say, "you think you are the customer, but you are actually the product" and FB has no problem serving you up to every scammer on the planet.

Dennyf

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, just about the time I'm fed up enough with FB to give it up, it'll offer up a "memory," or someone else will, that sends me down a nostalgia rabbit hole of old pictures and posts, and I still like that. About all I still participate in, though, are "groups" with interests I share. Avoiding everything else still keeps it enjoyable for me.

But yeah, it's steeped in suckage.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
This 'ad' has popped up several times on my Facebook newsfeed, and immediately I knew it was a classic scam by the absolutely ridiculously low price asked for it. It's OBVIOUSLY an exclusive, unique, and quality item, but unbelievably (to me), people had blindly sent them their $80 or so, thinking that this thing would be dropped at their front door in a week or two
View attachment 937985

View attachment 937986

All it takes is a minute or so to do a quick Google search for a '1950 Chevy 3100 tool cabinet', and up pops the authentic item, which is no longer being made, and when it did, it cost between $5000 and $9000, depending on options.
View attachment 937994

And as always, the fake glowing testimonials...
View attachment 937988

Here's what the fools who sent these dirtbags their money actually received for their $80...
View attachment 937991

And here's the real story....
View attachment 937992

It sometimes scares me how incredibly gullible some people can be.
I'd never fall for it for the obvious fact that that ugly POS eats twice the shop space of my craftsman chest.

0SubSeanik0

Tele-Meister
Always pay with Paypal.
At least here in the US, I recommend using your credit card instead.

Paypal's obligation pretty much ends at goods/services and payment received by both parties, after that you are on your own.

Credit card companies are legally liable for the payment, so if there is a dispute you better believe they will investigate... and if the scammer already made off with the funds, it's on the CC company.

**This applies to credit cards, not debit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.