Some of THE most gullible people on earth are on Facebook. Case in point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
This 'ad' has popped up several times on my Facebook newsfeed, and immediately I knew it was a classic scam by the absolutely ridiculously low price asked for it. It's OBVIOUSLY an exclusive, unique, and quality item, but unbelievably (to me), people had blindly sent them their $80 or so, thinking that this thing would be dropped at their front door in a week or two
Screenshot_20220105-162627~2.png

Screenshot_20220105-162658~2.png

All it takes is a minute or so to do a quick Google search for a '1950 Chevy 3100 tool cabinet', and up pops the authentic item, which is no longer being made, and when it did, it cost between $5000 and $9000, depending on options.
Screenshot_20220105-130045~3.png

And as always, the fake glowing testimonials...
Screenshot_20220105-162722~2.png

Here's what the fools who sent these dirtbags their money actually received for their $80...
Screenshot_20220105-125930~2.png

And here's the real story....
Screenshot_20220105-130112~2.png

It sometimes scares me how incredibly gullible some people can be.

Last edited:

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
That's not the only thing those fools on FB believe.

Over the past several(?) years I've watched the entire place become just an infested cesspool of openly operating scammers, and I've yet to see Facebook give the boot to any of them. Virtually all of them are obviously 'offshore' entities (cough, cough, China, cough) and are apparently beyond any legal means of curtailing their blatantly deceptive scams as well as copyright and trademark thievery activities, but Facebook could do something about it, but they don't, which makes them the willing accomplices in all of this. Harley-Davidson's logos and trademarks are constantly being pirated and sold on Facebook by, again, 'offshore' scammers, and I would think that Harley-Davidson's lawyers would be able to give Facebook some hefty legal problems for allowing their pirated logos and trademarks to be so openly shilled on Facebook.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
ah, I got warned off face book a long long time ago. I didn't like the interface. and never went back , I know that some people that make great FX'S hang a shingle there. Well, I guess that I'm just superstious or some thing.

A few months ago, after I had made a critical post on one of the scammer's ads, which although not vulgar, did mention their country of origin, I was sent a message by Facebook warning me about using 'hate speech', and that my comment went against their 'Community Standards'.

What a joke.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Over the past several(?) years I've watched the entire place become just an infested cesspool of openly operating scammers, and I've yet to see Facebook give the boot to any of them. Virtually all of them are obviously 'offshore' entities (cough, cough, China, cough) and are apparently beyond any legal means of curtailing their blatantly deceptive scams as well as copyright and trademark thievery activities, but Facebook could do something about it, but they don't, which makes them the willing accomplices in all of this. Harley-Davidson's logos and trademarks are constantly being pirated and sold on Facebook by, again, 'offshore' scammers, and I would think that Harley-Davidson's lawyers would be able to give Facebook some hefty legal problems for allowing their pirated logos and trademarks to be so openly shilled on Facebook.

We may be in the IP zombie apocalypse right now, combined with the scammer epidemic.
What comes next?
Equal rights for scammers and IP thieves?
Then negotiation? Maybe put them on reservations?
How can they possibly have rights?
And where would we send them to operate with their protected rights?

What?
We shop on AliBaba and love our little Chibson collections?
What?
We buy counterfeit Fender decals to put on our Chinese partscasters?
What?
Pogo was forgotten?

Just because somebody says it was stolen doesn't mean it was ever ours!
Pick an enemy and attack!!!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
A few months ago, after I had made a critical post on one of the scammer's ads, which although not vulgar, did mention their country of origin, I was sent a message by Facebook warning me about using 'hate speech', and that my comment went against their 'Community Standards'.

What a joke.

It's a meta eat meta world we live in...

Status
Not open for further replies.