Some Music From The Archives Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by bigbreak, Jul 27, 2021.

1. bigbreak

bigbreak Tele-Meister

More songs from the long lost past. Recorded in Hollywood years ago. Thanks for listening.

I've always liked the song The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance by Gene Pitney, so I decided to do an instrumental remake of it. The funny thing is, is the song was never in the movie. This is the movie where John Wayne is always calling James Stewert "Pilgrim". I didn't own a baritone guitar back then so I played the melody on my Carvin 5 string bass and rolled off all the high end on it and added some tremolo. I think it sounds something like what The Ventures would have done back in the day.

The Theme from the Route 66 TV Show is another piece of music that I always liked so I did a remake of it with synths.

The Phantom Regiment is a piece of music written by Leroy Anderson. He is famous for writing Sleigh Ride, The Syncopated Clock, The Typewriter Song, etc. I heard The Phantom Regiment as a kid and was fascinated by it, so I remade it on synths.

2. decker

decker Tele-Afflicted

Good stuff BB.

3. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Friend of Leo's

They are all very cool Russ. Dig the "Route 66" track and was impressed with "The Phantom Regiment". Interesting range of musical influences.

4. NWinther

NWinther Friend of Leo's

Loved them :)

5. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yes, I agree that "Liberty Valance" could be a Ventures tune without the voices.
    "Route 66" Cool synths!
    "Phantom Regiment" - I can hear the "Sleigh Ride" influence.

They all sound great and what a huge sound!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.