Some Halloween Fun Via YouTube

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tele-rain, Oct 20, 2019.

1. tele-rain

tele-rain Friend of Leo's

I recently discovered the YouTube channel of Mary Spender, a UK based musician. Her channel has some decently informative videos, at least they are for me, as an eternal beginner. Anyway, she recently shared this Halloween themed version of I Put a Spell On You with another musician called Rob Scallon, whom I've never heard of either. I guess I gotta get my head out of my iTunes library and explore more!?

Anyway, check it out below, I found it a lot of fun to watch. Is that double sided guitar/bass really a thing or did they somehow fabricate it for the video?

Here's the behind the scenes bit:

Shuster likes this.
  2. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire

That's pretty sweet. Lots of time when into that I bet. I liked the horsey face and her hair clip. I have never seen a guitar built like that but there is always a first! YT is my source of entertainment. I spend hours listening to music and watching on there because I like to see the musicians play and I get a few tips. Cool vid, thanks.

tele-rain likes this.
  3. tele-rain

Yes I loved the hair clips too, LOL! After searching the interweb, here is some info on Rob Scallon. Seems his thing is covering all sorts of genres on different types of instruments.

https://store.dftba.com/collections/rob-scallon

4. dented

Oh you freakin' started it now. I've gone from the Creepshow, Hillbilly Moon Explosion, Brother Dege, Cramps, Tom Story Trio, Hi Jivers......Halloweenie music!

Dang Scallon has over a million subscribers. Have to listen to more of that especially ukelele stuff.

tele-rain likes this.
  5. tele-rain

I haven't even explored yet, but just took one look and happened upon this:

I'm tossing my Tele out the window, this dude is playing random color bells like a boss and I can't even get through a full song of anything yet :mad:

6. dented

:confused: lol

7. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Meister

Ive seen bits and pieces of Rob Scallon's work since he was a new YouTuber.

Interesting dude.

Talents: he shreds. Not my thing, but I recognize he is pretty good. One string or nine (or...)
    Seems one could hand him an instrument of any kind and he will figure out how to make some interesting noise.
    Best of all he is funny and keeps it light, doesnt take himself terribly seriously and has fun. It can be contagious.

Watch his "documentary" on the Carillon, or the pipe organ or any odd random thing. His stuff is usually pretty entertaining, often even enlightening.

And (spoiler alert)....

Yes he does play "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and other fun bits on the Carillon. (Giant keyboard operated bell tower) before its all over.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.