Some Guitars Precariously Balanced on a Piano

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
The room was getting a lot of sun, so I decided to take a photo. As I was trying to keep them from sliding, I kept thinking what a bad idea this was but for some reason persisted on with the plan. Same story as most mistakes in my life; saw the train wreck coming and just watched. In this case, though, disaster didn't strike and nothing fell over. I like the picture that came out of it, so I thought I'd share.

PXL_20221011_155054367~3.jpg

These are the guitars I've been keeping out on the rack lately. I try to have one tele, one strat, one LP, a semi-hollow 335-type, a jazz box, and an acoustic on my 7 guitar rack. I guess this set is a bit offbeat with the non-standard strat, tele, and LP.

'18 Music Man Cutlass RS
'86 G&L ASAT
'81 Yamaha SG 1000/1500
'17 Gibson ES-339 Memphis VOS
'96 Ibanez PM-100
'13 Martin 000-15SM

The 7th on the rack right now is Kala Ubass that didn't make the photo.

Which guitars do you keep out and handy?

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
Very nice!!! No nylon string...?
I have a classical that I built as part of my luthiery apprenticeship, but it rarely makes it out of its case. I should probably take it out more just to keep it in good condition. Thanks for the thought, I'm gonna do that tonight, give it some tlc.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
The room was getting a lot of sun, so I decided to take a photo. As I was trying to keep them from sliding, I kept thinking what a bad idea this was but for some reason persisted on with the plan. Same story as most mistakes in my life; saw the train wreck coming and just watched. In this case, though, disaster didn't strike and nothing fell over. I like the picture that came out of it, so I thought I'd share.

View attachment 1040550

These are the guitars I've been keeping out on the rack lately. I try to have one tele, one strat, one LP, a semi-hollow 335-type, a jazz box, and an acoustic on my 7 guitar rack. I guess this set is a bit offbeat with the non-standard strat, tele, and LP.

'18 Music Man Cutlass RS
'86 G&L ASAT
'81 Yamaha SG 1000/1500
'96 Ibanez PM-100
'13 Martin 000-15SM

I'm kind of interested in a Ubass.....I like the sound in some videos I've seen.
Currently, in my music room I have out a Hofner Club Bass, a Yamaha Nylon string Silent Guitar (which I'm hoping to sell) and my self-assembled Telecaster-style, which was my #1 until recently.
But really all I play anymore is a Godin Multiac Encore Nylon. It stays on the couch, where I can pick up on any whim. I rarely even plug in to practice.....just grab-and-go.
P.S. Love the Martin.....and I have those D'Addario Micro tuners on nearly every guitar I own.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
I'm kind of interested in a Ubass.....I like the sound in some videos I've seen.
Currently, in my music room I have out a Hofner Club Bass, a Yamaha Nylon string Silent Guitar (which I'm hoping to sell) and my self-assembled Telecaster-style, which was my #1 until recently.
But really all I play anymore is a Godin Multiac Encore Nylon. It stays on the couch, where I can pick up on any whim. I rarely even plug in to practice.....just grab-and-go.
P.S. Love the Martin.....and I have those D'Addario Micro tuners on nearly every guitar I own.
Thanks on the Martin, it has a very sweet sound, and I like the fretboard coloration that's come from my playing over the years. I like those Godin Multiacs, very cool guitars.

You should definitely try a UBass out if you haven't. It sounds very good, at least to my ear, and it's fun to play. The only warning I'd give is that the strings stretch a lot. Like, imagine your normal nylon string guitar, but it takes 10x the amount of time and winding on the peg to settle. That's why I'd recommend getting the fretless version, so if the string goes a little off you can sort of make a small adjustment with your finger tip. Maybe there's a way to prestretch the string or something that I just don't know.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

View attachment 1040550

'18 Music Man Cutlass RS
'86 G&L ASAT
'81 Yamaha SG 1000/1500
'96 Ibanez PM-100
'13 Martin 000-15SM

A fine and versatile lineup, indeed.

tintag27

Friend of Leo's
Gorgeous photo with some different and beautiful instruments from the usual suspects...
(Nice to see the Cutlass out front and centre - I have the cheap Sterling version right here by my desk!)

but please don't try this stunt again!

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
Especially like that white Tele leading the way. What's in 'er?

Thanks! That's my "Tuxedo" partscaster.

Brio roasted maple neck (feel like 60s prifile)
Squire body
Lace Sensor Light Blue neck PU (I believe Light Blue is their Charlie Christian copy)
GFS Fatbody in the bridge

It's a great guitar that I need to play more. I have an idea for an even snazzier "Tuxedo Tele" but am still getting the parts together for it.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

View attachment 1040550

'18 Music Man Cutlass RS
'86 G&L ASAT
'81 Yamaha SG 1000/1500
'96 Ibanez PM-100
'13 Martin 000-15SM

Bravo, LOVE the Yamaha and the Pat!

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
Beautiful collection.
The MIJ guitars have been on my dream list for almost as long as I've been playing the guitar.
Unfortunately, the price of them is way beyond my current means.