SOME GREAT BRITISH DRAMA GOING ON AT THE MOMENT ON SCREEN.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Sometimes we get spoiled with some great drama in the UK.

Several years of "Peaky Blinders" came to an end in early spring but there have been some great other ones over the piece; "Line of Duty" remains good but pushes suspension of disbelief a bit, "Taboo" was special, so also was "The Bodyguard" and "The Night Manager".
Being from Trantanastan of course means "Shetland" is a given, we do Tartan-Noire and flawed cops well.

Now there's another 6 episode cracker going on "Sherwood", which concludes this week. Well worth a vpn and sign into the BBC iPlayer if you're not in the UK.
I'm also enjoying "Traitors" a Channel4 production on Netflix.

I can't think of many good action films or series in the UK but there's always a couple of good drama/thrillers per year.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
The Midwich Cuckoo's by John Wyndham is also worth checking out too. It's on SKY, based on Wyndhams novel, it has been filmed twice as The Village Of The Damned. Once in 1960, and once in 1995 by John Carpenter, who frankly made a sows ear out it.

This new version I found to be very true to the book, with the odd tweak here and there, such as the children being of mixed race, there are no pure blonde children like the book, and the main character, Dr Zellabey now is played by the wonderful actress Keeley Hawes (The Bodyguard, The Durrell's). Well worth a punt.

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
in the throws of the last season of Peaky blinders, right now
line of duty Excellant
shetland , hinterland, broadchurch ,anatomy of a scandal, the bodyguard ,great shows
betchley circle was good till it went to the states
not really british but excellant and funny was Lillyhammer

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
The Midwich Cuckoo's by John Wyndham is also worth checking out too. It's on SKY, based on Wyndhams novel, it has been filmed twice as The Village Of The Damned. Once in 1960, and once in 1995 by John Carpenter, who frankly made a sows ear out it.

This new version I found to be very true to the book, with the odd tweak here and there, such as the children being of mixed race, there are no pure blonde children like the book, and the main character, Dr Zellabey now is played by the wonderful actress Keeley Hawes (The Bodyguard, The Durrell's). Well worth a punt.
Thanks for the heads up. I read the book in school for O Level English.
Keeley Hawes is also in "Traitors" and I've a feeling she might show up in the last episodes of "Sherwood".

I'll check out "Midwitch" tomorrow night.

Tonight I'm just getting ready with the fizzy water and snacks to watch Macca at Glastonbury on the iPlayer. Apparently he was joined on stage a couple of hours ago by Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl.

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Are those tele programs? I don't get tele service unless I plug in. Mainly streamin' stuff and I haven't heard of those.
UK Telly programmes, I don't have a Telly either but they're all available to stream.
Usually Netflix. Not sure about the legality but a vpn and a BBC account will get you access to the BBC iPlayer on their website.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Thanks for the heads up. I read the book in school for O Level English.
Keeley Hawes is also in "Traitors" and I've a feeling she might show up in the last episodes of "Sherwood".

I'll check out "Midwitch" tomorrow night.

Tonight I'm just getting ready with the fizzy water and snacks to watch Macca at Glastonbury on the iPlayer. Apparently he was joined on stage a couple of hours ago by Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl.
Midwich starts slow, but the more it goes on the tension builds.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Not yet, I'll give it a whirl. Thanks!!!

It's kind of a psychological drama, I guess you'd call it.

About a woman who loses her memory.... dark and it gives you an uncomfortable, eerie, uncanny kind of feeling at times because you aren't sure what's really going on.

It was on at the end of last year, it's only 6 or 8 parts or something. I'd presume it's on All4 catchup.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
UK Telly programmes, I don't have a Telly either but they're all available to stream.
Usually Netflix. Not sure about the legality but a vpn and a BBC account will get you access to the BBC iPlayer on their website.
mmmmmmmmmmmm no. I don't need to watch tele that bad. Thanks for the info