Some feedback needed

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Strato50, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

A buddy sent me this tune. He wanted an Albert Collins type groove. I used the file he sent and looped it and played all the guitar on top Then just used my iPhone to record it. He booked a studio for me to go to in December to lay them down with an engineer. It’s pretty rough. I’m just helping a friend out. He’s in Wisconsin now and I’m in Texas of course and never recorded like this. The guitar is just general idea of what I had in mind. I will use a blackface Princeton in the studio and one of my El Ray Teles. I did all this with a Behringer solid state amp. Tell me what ya think?

JustABluesGuy, uriah1, Mjark and 3 others like this.
  2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

The Ice Man's in the house! It sounds great especially considering your recording set up. Nice track and guitar work. It'd be cool if you would post the studio version when you have it.

JustABluesGuy and Strato50 like this.
  3. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I sure will. I’m going to be on 6 cuts. All are going to be a different type of sound. This is about as close as I can get to The Iceman lol. I will tighten it up and hopefully get the tone better. I’m working in a world class studio in Houston called Sugar Hill. A good engineer. I am thinking he will help dial it in as well. Thanks for the feedback!

JustABluesGuy and 2 Headed Goat like this.
  4. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

My pleasure. Heard some Albert King in there as well. What's in the water in Texas by the way - awesome guitar players come out of there.

Zepfan likes this.
  5. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Very polluted. Lol. Thanks man. This area I’m i live in has produced some really great ones. Tough crowds here.

JustABluesGuy and Alan L Cole like this.
  6. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

I was thinking Albert King and a little SRV in there. Good track and good Lead work.

Strato50 likes this.
  7. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

I'm sure your friend will be pleased.

Strato50 likes this.
  8. guitarsophist

guitarsophist Tele-Meister

The tone sounds pretty authentic to me.

I was in Chicago many years ago and I went to Legends. Donald Kinsey was playing. After the first set, a roadie put a tele on the stage. Albert Collins tele is pretty distinctive with the white binding and the sort of holographic sticker on the ash tray. I thought, "That sure looks like Albert Collins's tele." It was. He came out and played a whole set with Donald Kinsey. It was amazing to hear Albert Collins in a small Chicago club. Of course Donald Kinsey was pretty good too.

JustABluesGuy, Strato50 and Mjark like this.
  9. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Thanks I hope to get it down better come studio day.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  10. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Nice. I think your tone was really close and very nice playing. I would only recommend going over the songs as much as possible to be totally familiar with them. I noticed one spot where I though the solo was coming in but the vocalist came back with another verse. You seemed to be going into one when he came back in, but then you backed off but it might just be my unfamiliarity with the progression more than anything else.

All in all very well done. Be totally familiar with the songs, don’t walk on the singer and you should be fine. You definitely have the chops!

Strato50 likes this.
  11. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I got a month. Just posted this to see if the style was right for what he wants. Played with it today and made notes. I’m going to try hard to give him his moneys worth.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.