Solderless controler- Nashville Deluxe Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by cbroadway, Jun 21, 2021.

1. cbroadway

cbroadway TDPRI Member

I bought a 2016 Nashville Deluxe a couple years ago. Last year I chased a "shadow issue" and ended up gutting everything and resoldering. I incorrectly thought this would be a great opportunity to learn how to solder. WRONG!!!! At this point I have two options:

1- take it someone and have someone remove the bad solder joints and mountains of solder on the pots or
    2- buy a solderless control plate

I think the cost will be the same, but solderless will give me future flexibility. Problem is, I can't find anyone that has pre wired, solderless parts (I can reuse my plate and knobs), with the 1meg pots the vintage noiseless pickups need. Any ideas or guidance? I'm in the DC Metro area (eastern panhandle of WV) if there is anyone wanting side work if I can't find the solderless stuff.

2. Gunny

Gunny Tele-Holic

for anyone with soldering skills, its an easy job and won't take long. that's what I would do, but I have those skills.

3. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Holic

Option 3

Actually learn to solder

3a

Fix your mistakes and learn a thing or two along the way.

You already learned a valuable lesson: Soldering is a skill, and it's best to learn on something other than your guitar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.