Soldano Amp Fans and Owners - Let's see them, talk about them.

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Ippon, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Michael J. Soldano, Jr. is probably one of the most famous boutique amp builders in the USA, if not the world.

His Super Lead Overdrive 100, created in 1987, set a new benchmark for tube-based amplifiers. It also earned a deserved spot in amps to own/try lists. It carries a transferable lifetime warranty.

When it was circulated early last year that Mke was retiring, I started monitoring CraigsList, forums, and GC Used for my favorite Soldanos. Sometimes, you can see occasionally crazy pricing on Soldanos.

So, what are your thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Holic

I've always preferred my high watt/gain amps and while everyone was paying homage to the 5150/6505's and such I went another direction with my Kustom Double Cross. Same applied to the Soldano. While the SLO is the benchmark I just preferred the Decatone for some reason and took that road. Haven't seen a Deca for sale in quite some time. 20190718_183733.jpg

lewis likes this.
  3. Ippon

Ippon Tele-Meister

Hollywood Guitar Center has a Decatone 212 in sweet condition. I'm not sure if it has the original speakers but it was as nice as mine going through the 412.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.