1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Social Studies for the 3rd Grade

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Mar 5, 2021.

1. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Every Friday I have my two granddaughters and do my part with helping with their distance learning.
    It's been a long six months thus far, sometimes fun; sometimes challenging; sometimes troubling; but ultimately rewarding.
    The 1st grader is much more difficult and it's been much more difficult for her to learn in this environment. The 3rd grader has done so much on her own but I think has only suffered in her math development. It frustrates her and I've had to explain and reassure her that she's doing okay. I am actually proud of how she has handled it. From what I understand, many at-home students have struggled and faced challenges. After all, none of us who are guiding her are professional teachers.
    We've had a lot of fun with the small home science experiments and frequently are amazed or amused by the results. As my thread title states, Social Studies has been very encouraging. They've studied various cultures from around the world and throughout history. We've recently been doing Native American cultures and now frontier culture which has been a hoot. I am glad kids are learning this. I wish they were still learning civics but that's a subject for another day.
    Anyone else here being a family educator for little ones?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.